cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm. Ive ran several thousand through mine , pif. Ive also maxed it out and paid it off several times. I've had mine since 2006, and it is still stuck at $1,300. I've tried every type of usage in the book to get C1 to increase me. They won't do it! They are officially my lowest limit card, yet oldest tradeline :-/. I suppose getting up to $1,300 is an accomplishment w C1.
Congrats to you though :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 36
CS800
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hmm. Ive ran several thousand through mine , pif. Ive also maxed it out and paid it off several times. I've had mine since 2006, and it is still stuck at $1,300. I've tried every type of usage in the book to get C1 to increase me. They won't do it! They are officially my lowest limit card, yet oldest tradeline :-/. I suppose getting up to $1,300 is an accomplishment w C1.

Same here. I have tried all types of approach no to avail.

It's my oldest card and the second lowest CL. I do have a $39 AF but a killer APR arounf 9%. Now if they could PC me to the new cashback green card with the same APR, that would be great.

Message 22 of 36
firesoul453
Contributor

Dang thats awesome! I considering getting rid of my cap1, $750 limit and still no increase a year later. While other cards give me between 3-5k....

Hard to believe cap1 did something like this, there so stingy when it comes to CLI.

Which card is it?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 23 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't have an AF :-P! My APR changes every six months lol it's supposed to be 17.9%. but I know they'll lower it every six months. Was at 5.9% til this past December. Currently, it is at 13.9%. i also have the 1.25% CB on EVERY purchase. Too bad a $1,300 isn't enough to do anything without effing up my util. Hah.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 36
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one also gave me a Huge CLI card open 4-2012 @$500 step program got increased to $2500 on 9-11-12. I have a 2nd card with capital one start with $1000 limit also step program I know they will give me another big CLI. I pay at least 2 payments on both accounts each month.  my credit score has jumbed 51 points since Sept 17-12 i will keep yu all updated score is at 660

Message 26 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just don't get Cap1!!! Ive been a customer for six years!!!!! And I have such a loowwww limit! I'm gonna give them a few more months, then tell em to stick it! Ugh!!! Im gonna contact their exec office!
Buut congrats to you :-)
Message 27 of 36
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

+1

same here... 40 month old card, 2k limit  11.9% apr  no fee balance transfers, no AF, one additional CLI after a couple years to get to 2k, Used the hell out of it, high balance is $1950, never paid minimum payment, have pushed 3k through the card in a month, used BT checks no movement, card at zero balance since early august. a great card if they would just give me a CLI to take advantage of it.   Second card with them a rewards card  CL $750, $39 AF  16 months old, zero balance all Credit cards have no lates or CO's ever,  TU FICO score 696, has been up to 720, still no Auto-cli love beyond the steps program. Other creditors give me starting CL's upto  6k... yet CapOne no love. 

closed my other CapOne cards, migrated from HSBC, no need to pay AF's for cards that don't grow with you. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 36
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Nice cli, maybe there's hope after all.....*thinks for a second...Nah!!!

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 29 of 36
Ryry1
Established Member

I been with Capital One since 2003 or 2004 with 1,000$ credit limit for 8 years and got a huge automatic CL limit to 3,000$. I wasn't expecting another automatic again but there a reason why Capital One decides to do this to some people who has receive this huge Capital One credit limit increase?

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.