cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!  It's been almost three years since my last Capital One CLI, so I've been sitting with a $1800 CL for all this time.  I no longer use the card, since it offers no rewards, but I pay the $3 monthly fee to keep it active, just in case I need the credit in an emergency.  Hopefully, I will be able to get rid of it by next year, and then i'll no longer have any CCs with AFs.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 36
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Reading this post brought back memories. I hadn't joined this forum back in 2008 and I had just received my Capital One card. I was in the Credit steps program and I did get 2 CLIs. From $300 to $500 and whoa, a big jump to $2500. I kept looking and hoping every month after my last increase to see if I would get another CLI. After every single statement, the answer was always the same. No additional CLI. I then tried calling or requesting CLIs online. Nope, didn't work either. Then I found this website and everything made sense.

Almost five years later, I still have the same CL. I'm just holding on to the card for the few times I do travel international and because they were the first company to help me clean up my credit. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a CLI anytime soon though Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 32 of 36
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Hey aussiesareforever, do you have an AF  of $19? I wonder if there's anyway to get them waived.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 33 of 36
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Hey aussiesareforever, do you have an AF  of $19? I wonder if there's anyway to get them waived.

Capital One waived the $39 AF on my No Hassle Rewards Cashback MC recently after I called to close it. I was really surprised because I thought I would get their BS answer "Sorry, there is nothing we can do at this time, but ever month we monitor your account, so in the future...".

They wouldn't lower the APR on my non-AF card with them ($2750 limit - 24.9%) so it will just be sitting there improving my AAoA.

Message 34 of 36
texasman07
Established Contributor

Message 35 of 36
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

What number

@charyot77 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

Capital One waived the $39 AF on my No Hassle Rewards Cashback MC recently after I called to close it. I was really surprised because I thought I would get their BS answer "Sorry, there is nothing we can do at this time, but ever month we monitor your account, so in the future...".

They wouldn't lower the APR on my non-AF card with them ($2750 limit - 24.9%) so it will just be sitting there improving my AAoA.

What number did you call charyot? An exec office number?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.