cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
qc-ttns
Established Member

CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS on my mint account today and saw that my C account had a available credit of 3013!!. I said to my self "it must be a glitch on my mint account" so I logged in to my capital one account and there it was I went from a $300 dollar credit limit to $3300.00. cap1 gave me a 3000 dollar credit limit before the credit step program even ended. I was only going to get a 200 dollar cli because of the program but instead the gave it to me a month before and  a lot more then 200. I haven't been using the card very much. A few things here and there but that's it. My credit has gotten a lot better since I first got this card.   I was planning on kicking this card to the curve once I had it for a year. I think I am keeping it for a while.

I did recently get a cli from my best buy cc that might have something to do with it.

Starting Score: 579
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A HUGE CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont get too excited buddie they probably have some error system......lol......Crappy one is stand as bad repubtation for credit limit lol....but if its true then Congrat man they probably love you more than anybody else.....we crying for 200 cli or 300 and they even lose you other than give u an increase lol

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 36
qc-ttns
Established Member

this is the letter i got on my online account

August 28, 2012
For your account ending in:
You've earned a credit line increase of $3,000.00!
Dear, solid snake
You're a great customer, and we appreciate you. That's why we're happy to give
you a credit line increase - you deserve it!
Your new credit line is $3,300.00.
That's an increase of $3,000.00.
Use your increase to help pay for daily expenses, or for that family trip you've
been thinking about. You can also transfer balances from higher rate credit cards.
Whatever your needs, it's nice to know you have more financial flexibility.
The increase is automatic, so you don't have to do anything at all. Just enjoy it!
Sincerely,
P. Taylor Jamison
Director of Accounts
P.S.

Message 3 of 36
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

that's awwesome with your score and limit nice limit ...im going to call them sometime next week and hope they going to gave me some limit increase.......is something going on your credit file ? purchase new house establish new credit line or etc........probably those is the reason

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 36
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Holy smokes!! How long have you had the card? And what does your credit profile/history look like?

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 5 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just waiting for the "April Fools"!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 36
Jatindrj
Valued Member

Congrats! Im jealous. Maybe I'll give them a call and shoot for an increase. How long have you been with them?

Amex BCE - 15.9k, QuickSilver - 8k, Freedom - 5k, Discover It - 7.5k
Message 7 of 36
qc-ttns
Established Member

at the time of the cli i had a plus score of 718, 721, 721. when i got this card i had 2 CO that have been deleted now. got a car loan, a chase freedom, cu credit card, 2 AU accounts, and a cli from best buy. one of the AU is capital one. so there are 3 cap 1 accounts on my profile.

Message 8 of 36
qc-ttns
Established Member

i got the card in march

Message 9 of 36
charyot77
Regular Contributor

My Capital One Platinum (no AF, but really high APR) went from $500 to $750 to $2750 in about 18 months.

I never asked for a CLI because I've heard that asking is a waste of time, but I can verfiy that they give decent increases.

I've recently been approved for better cards, but I'll keep the platinum open because Capital One doesnt charge international transaction fees.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.