cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE IMAGE CREDIT CARD

tag
tonikay68

CAPITAL ONE IMAGE CREDIT CARD

When I applied for a Capital One M/C My card was the basic Capital One Card (Platinum). When I applied to have an image applied to the card . I received a "Dark Blue" Card with my image. I do not know why or how Capital One does this or choses colors. (does not look like actual Capital One Card).  Does anyone have more information on this and does anyone have a dark blue image card? Just curious... Maybe this is a new feature.

Thank You

Toni K.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE IMAGE CREDIT CARD

A unique question.. lol never thought about that lol
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tonikay68 wrote:

When I applied for a Capital One M/C My card was the basic Capital One Card (Platinum). When I applied to have an image applied to the card . I received a "Dark Blue" Card with my image. I do not know why or how Capital One does this or choses colors. (does not look like actual Capital One Card).  Does anyone have more information on this and does anyone have a dark blue image card? Just curious... Maybe this is a new feature.

Thank You

You can upload any image you like onto your card you can even change if I remember right once every 30 days. I have changed 2 of mine within the last 10 months. 

The card arrives 7-10 days later

I created  one...They accepted it and wooola 

My own personal cap1 card and you can also restrict them from using your picture as I did. Its a great perk I've been asked about the card quite a few times.

here's one of mine

Capital One Image Card

Note: the image must not be someones protected art

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
soILseminole
Contributor

yes, u can change it every 30 days. you can use their images or 1 of your own as long as its not copyrighted and its cropped right. you can crop your image very easily in paint
Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 4 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

that's great info...i have a capone card recently and thought about personalizing the card...didn't know you can change it every 30 days...lol...it's all free?

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 17
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Hi. I got a personalised image. I actually chose one from their selection of train pictures. I then recropped it. I really like it. I guess it would be cool to change it from time to time and have a collection of different Capital One custom cards. I am not planning on getting another right now but if I lose my card or something I may consider changing it.

Message 6 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Did you pick the ID card or just a custom image card OP?
Message 7 of 17
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Love my Capital One Image card.  Its a pic of the Space Shuttle being piggy backed on the 747 and landing at LAX exactly at touchdown.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Never heard of this. I usually get a new Image card every two-three months. I have maybe five of them now...I like to swap them out every once in a while.

It's a nice feature.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, my NHCR MC is an image card, with a small pic of me riding my horse in the upper left hand corner, and the rest of the card is a dark blue background. This is the standard background for the image card and it is indeed different from the basic Platinum card with no image.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.