Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE .....Im not a fan

tag
drcc2013
Valued Member

CAPITAL ONE .....Im not a fan

OK THIS HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN TALKED ABOUT BUT ITS  IN THE MORNING MY BILL IS DUE IN A FEW DAYS AND IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER IF I PAY MY BALANCE IN FULL ...THEY WILL ONLY UPDATE INFO TO THE CRBSs  EVERY 6 DAYS WHILE I SUFFER FROM HIGHER UTILIZATION BECAUSE THERE BEING LAZY 

WONT EVEN MANUALLY UPDATE FOR ME OVER THE PHONE I HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER TO THEM AND SEND COPY OF REPORT WITH WHAT IM DISPUTING 

ANYONE ELSE WITH THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE RANT ON WITH ME Smiley Mad

PS sorry if i cant write su*ks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE SU*KS

I love cap one even if i no longer have their card, they were the only ones to take a chance one me 2.5 years ago
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 19
Datx
Valued Contributor

If your bill is due in a few days, and you pay in full to bring it to a zero balance...that zero balance is not going to reflect in your CRs until the statement cuts the next month. Just about all CC companies does this, not just Cap One. If you want to get Cap One to report a zero balance each time, you just need to pay it off before the statement cuts each month, instead of waiting to pay after it cuts. If you do that, you won't be so frustrated with Cap One.

Message 3 of 19
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Well there may be issue with Capitol one but their reporting is not one of them. at least not what you are complaing about.

Most CC will only report 1 time a month after a persons statement cuts.  This is not being lazy this is just how the business works.  I mean do you expect them to update for ever charge or every payment you make.  That just doesn't happen. 

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 19
Simply827
Established Contributor

If your bill is due in a few days, it's a good chance your statement will cut a few days after.

I'm not sure what you're up in arms about.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

OP, Please change the wording on the subject line. 

Thanks. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears!

Message 6 of 19
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@drcc2013 wrote:

OK THIS HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN TALKED ABOUT BUT ITS  IN THE MORNING MY BILL IS DUE IN A FEW DAYS AND IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER IF I PAY MY BALANCE IN FULL ...THEY WILL ONLY UPDATE INFO TO THE CRBSs  EVERY 6 DAYS WHILE I SUFFER FROM HIGHER UTILIZATION BECAUSE THERE BEING LAZY 

WONT EVEN MANUALLY UPDATE FOR ME OVER THE PHONE I HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER TO THEM AND SEND COPY OF REPORT WITH WHAT IM DISPUTING 

Apologies, but i can't rant with you because I don't think Capital One has done anything wrong here. I am a big fan of this company, as not only did they give me the first, best chance to re-establish credit after a BK7, but they later offered me their prime and Sony cards (in addition to the original card) with no AFs for any of them.

I really wish people would stop banging on this company. They have a successful business model and do what many other lenders cannot: balance prime and sub-prime interests. Cap1 is probably the most inclusive nationwide credit card lender in the country, yet people never miss a chance to rip on them.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 19
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Totally agree with Creditcrusader.

DRC, don't blame Cap1 because you can't figure out statement dates, reporting dates and due dates. If you want 0% util., pay in full a few days before your statement date.
Message 8 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I really wish people would stop banging on this company. They have a successful business model and do what many other lenders cannot: balance prime and sub-prime interests. Cap1 is probably the most inclusive nationwide credit card lender in the country, yet people never miss a chance to rip on them.

+1

No company is perfect.  

Sure, their cards lack rewards and their business model is still entrenched in the subprime sector (on which they build their business) while they transition to the *prime* sector.

After my college misadventures in the 90s (I didn't really appreciate that when borrowing money, it *must* be repaid, one way or another), the *ONLY* company who gave me a chance to start fresh was then a relatively new issuer named Capital One.  To this day, I still have the original card (though it's gone through some many PCs over the years), which I will never close.

Sure, Cap One has no place for the "best in class" cards discussion, but for those building or rebuilding, I can't think of a better issuer with whom to start.

Message 9 of 19
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@drcc2013 wrote:

I've found it very hard to know the report date too so this is how i get my cards to report 0 i just pay the balance on the acct before the due date the statement cut is after the due date usually 5 days  wih most companies ... hope this helps..

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.