Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE

tag
Verde
Established Member

Re: CAPITAL ONE

I had two.. just combined them 3 days ago.
Message 11 of 18
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

In May, I tried to get a CLI via backdoor on my one Cap One. The rep told me then that I could go apply for another, since they allow up to 5 cards.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 12 of 18
dieselcafe
Contributor

I have 2 one with CL of $300 and it is a reward card and one with CL of $500.  Should i combine the $500 card with the $300 card since the $300 card is a reward card?  Also, i want to apply for more cards with Cap One and then combine them so that I will have a higher CL. 
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 2 app for a 3rd got a letterd saying i have too many accounts with then. they did not pull my cr.
Message 14 of 18
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@jaysdad2k wrote:
In May, I tried to get a CLI via backdoor on my one Cap One. The rep told me then that I could go apply for another, since they allow up to 5 cards.

Did you apply for another? I had a similar conversation with a "Senior Analyst" at Cap One and she recommended that I try for another card to roll the CL's together. However, I was declined and I'm really irritated by it. I hate that they pull all three CB's and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think it was all but sure.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 15 of 18
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

No, I didn't.

I go to the preapproved site all the time. If I say Excellent credit they preapprove the Prestige, but if I say good or average, they approve the Plat.

I'm just letting the one card sit for now.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 16 of 18
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@jaysdad2k wrote:
No, I didn't.
I go to the preapproved site all the time. If I say Excellent credit they preapprove the Prestige, but if I say good or average, they approve the Plat.

I saw something recently that implied if you have signed up for "Do not call", you also won't be pre-approved for cards. Do you know if this is true? I went to all the sites that do soft pulls a few weeks ago and had no pre-approved offers. However, we applied for and received 5 out of 7 new accounts.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 17 of 18
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

@Math_Rocks wrote:

@jaysdad2k wrote:
No, I didn't.

I saw something recently that implied if you have signed up for "Do not call", you also won't be pre-approved for cards. Do you know if this is true? I went to all the sites that do soft pulls a few weeks ago and had no pre-approved offers. However, we applied for and received 5 out of 7 new accounts.

No that isn't true. The do not call list and the opt in/out list are two seperate animals...Smiley Wink
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.