Did you mean: 

CAPITAL One Stinks!

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: CAPITAL One Stinks!

@Jutz wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

People still get paper statements in the mail? The only statement/bill I've received in the mail in the last five or so years is from Fairpoint. I've asked that they not send because all I do is feed it directly into the shredder unopened but they tell me that due to Federal regulations they must send it.

~kn

I'm pretty sure that's because Fairpoint doesn't own computers yet.

Off topic, but there is a little bit of truth in what FP might say.   The FCC has strict CPNI/anti-pretexting rules (with fines around $1M per day!) and the easiest way for a carrier to comply is to send a paper bill to the address of record every month.   Now with a bit more work, they can get an email address of record and send stuff there instead, but that needs more record keeping which apparently they don't want to do, maybe because their computer's 64K of memory is full.

Message 11 of 12
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: CAPITAL One Stinks!

@bs6054 wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

People still get paper statements in the mail? The only statement/bill I've received in the mail in the last five or so years is from Fairpoint. I've asked that they not send because all I do is feed it directly into the shredder unopened but they tell me that due to Federal regulations they must send it.

~kn

I'm pretty sure that's because Fairpoint doesn't own computers yet.

Off topic, but there is a little bit of truth in what FP might say.   The FCC has strict CPNI/anti-pretexting rules (with fines around $1M per day!) and the easiest way for a carrier to comply is to send a paper bill to the address of record every month.   Now with a bit more work, they can get an email address of record and send stuff there instead, but that needs more record keeping which apparently they don't want to do, maybe because their computer's 64K of memory is full.

With Fairpoint, it just means their hands are tired and pens out of ink.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.