Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITOL ONE NOT REPORTING CREDIT LIMIT?

tag
bella1013
Contributor

CAPITOL ONE NOT REPORTING CREDIT LIMIT?

I have a Capitol One CC with a $500.00 limit.  They did report the new account but didn't report the limit amount.  Should I get them to report it?  Should I send a copy of my statement with the limit amount shown to the bureaus?  Or...Should I just leave it?  Maybe it is better to not report it at this time as it is a small limit amount?  What should I do? Your advice is appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: CAPITOL ONE NOT REPORTING CREDIT LIMIT?

My limit reports to all 3 CRAs. What service are you looking your info up on?
Message 2 of 8
gheedorah
Established Member

I have 3 C1 cards (thanks, Orchard Bank), and they all report balance as well as limit.

I've read that cards reporting with a balance but no limits can in situations "confuse" the alogrhythms and your carried balance in that instance may even be computed as 100% utilization. Its certainly more desirable to show a low CL than a "maxed-out" CL due to no limit reporting.

Are you looking at actual credit reports, or are you using a service (myFICO/CreditKarma/CreditSesame/etc)?

Message 3 of 8
bella1013
Contributor

MyFico.  It states that the Limit is Not Reported, Past Due is Not Reported and Payment Agreement is not reported.

Message 4 of 8
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Um if it's new account sometimes it takes until 1st statement cut ie my Barclays reported 3 days after approval no cl then after 1st statement it reported.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
bella1013
Contributor

I checked Equifax and it is reported there.  I wonder why it's not reported to MyFico.

Message 6 of 8
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

All of my new accounts have shown the same way on myFICO when they're first reported, per the ScoreWatch alert. It's only temporary, don't worry too much about it. If I recall correctly, when the first statement cuts from Cap1 and myFICO gets the info it'll be updated.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 8
bella1013
Contributor

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.