Contributor

CAPITOL ONE NOT REPORTING CREDIT LIMIT?

I have a Capitol One CC with a $500.00 limit.  They did report the new account but didn't report the limit amount.  Should I get them to report it?  Should I send a copy of my statement with the limit amount shown to the bureaus?  Or...Should I just leave it?  Maybe it is better to not report it at this time as it is a small limit amount?  What should I do? Your advice is appreciated :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITOL ONE NOT REPORTING CREDIT LIMIT?

My limit reports to all 3 CRAs. What service are you looking your info up on?
;
Established Member

[ Edited ]

I have 3 C1 cards (thanks, Orchard Bank), and they all report balance as well as limit.

I've read that cards reporting with a balance but no limits can in situations "confuse" the alogrhythms and your carried balance in that instance may even be computed as 100% utilization. Its certainly more desirable to show a low CL than a "maxed-out" CL due to no limit reporting.

Are you looking at actual credit reports, or are you using a service (myFICO/CreditKarma/CreditSesame/etc)?

Contributor

MyFico.  It states that the Limit is Not Reported, Past Due is Not Reported and Payment Agreement is not reported.

Frequent Contributor

Um if it's new account sometimes it takes until 1st statement cut ie my Barclays reported 3 days after approval no cl then after 1st statement it reported.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

I checked Equifax and it is reported there.  I wonder why it's not reported to MyFico.

Frequent Contributor

All of my new accounts have shown the same way on myFICO when they're first reported, per the ScoreWatch alert. It's only temporary, don't worry too much about it. If I recall correctly, when the first statement cuts from Cap1 and myFICO gets the info it'll be updated.

Current: EQ 673 September2013 / TU 696 September2013 (Walmart)
Start: EQ 584 Feb2012 / TU 629 July2012

Wallet: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5000 / Lowe's $6000 / JCP $3900 / eBay MC $3200 / Barclaycard Rewards $2000 / Walmart $3300 / CapOne NHRC $2000 / CapOne Platinum #1 $2000 / Amazon $1700 / Discover It $1000 / CapOne Platinum #2 (former Orchard) $750 / Amex Zync $500 Autopay
Contributor

Thanks!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.