Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CARE CREDIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CARE CREDIT

Got approved for 3500.00 tried for 5000.00 -What are the chances for a CLI ?

Scores:  Pulled Experian

Experian-705

Equifax-652

TU-568(stubborn TU, TU hates me!)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CARE CREDIT

@Anonymous wrote:

Got approved for 3500.00 tried for 5000.00 -What are the chances for a CLI ?

Scores:  Pulled Experian

Experian-705

Equifax-652

TU-568(stubborn TU, TU hates me!)

If it were me I'd wait about 6 months to ask for a CLI since the account is brand new.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CARE CREDIT

DH was approved for 8,000; called and asked for CLI upon activation; received $11,500.  Not a hard pull.

However, it looks like you already asked for a higher CL than they gave you.  GE cards typically like at least 4 statements to cut before/between CLI's- I'm not sure if Care Credit follows that pattern.

And, as I always add, they report as a consumer finance company on DH's mortgage pull and on his CCT.

One of the problems, which you might be concerned with, is that consumer finance companies may tend to give you a CL close to the amount you are needing to finance.  That can put you at or near 100% utilization on that card, which can cause some FICO score damage.  The most we've put on DH's 11,500 CL is 4,000; and we paid that down to 2500 immediately.  (That was a huge stress on our fairly tight budget).  We just didn't want to scare our other creditors with a score dip. 

I hope that's somewhat helpful.  Best of luck to you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.