Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASHBACK WARNING: To all OCCU Beaver/Duck Cardholders

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

CASHBACK WARNING: To all OCCU Beaver/Duck Cardholders

Received my first statement today had purchases of $775 and only earned $6.78 in cashback according to them, this is bull check your statements you may be getting stuffed as well, the reward structure right on the statement is 3% at "Beaver" assoc stores, 2% gas/groceries and 1% on all other purchases. Using their own structure it should have been a mimimum of $7.75, customer service will be getting an earful from me and if they dont want their phones jammed again with angry customers I suggest (if they are listening) that they get their s**t together very quickly.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: CASHBACK WARNING: To all OCCU Beaver/Duck Cardholders

@gdale6 wrote:

Received my first statement today had purchases of $775 and only earned $6.78 in cashback according to them, this is bull check your statements you may be getting stuffed as well, the reward structure right on the statement is 3% at "Beaver" assoc stores, 2% gas/groceries and 1% on all other purchases. Using their own structure it should have been a mimimum of $7.75, customer service will be getting an earful from me and if they dont want their phones jammed again with angry customers I suggest (if they are listening) that they get their s**t together very quickly.

Wow...the Beaver and Duck cards sure are having a lot of troubles lately!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 17
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

What is the point?  I haven't been able to get anything approved.  To me, it sounds Shakespearean - too much drama.

Message 3 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's unfortunately been mostly bad to worse. First the Duck pond froze over, some cards were reported abruptly closed, other applications ended in limbo, POS interruptions, on & off, then on again or off. Not to mention difficulty reaching CSR and even if they could, not much details regarding potential compromise?
All this is dizzying to say the least.
Message 4 of 17
RnJ
Contributor

gdale6,

Mine actuallly rounded up to the nearest dollar, so technically, your's might have even been 8.00 (if they round off).  Read the fine print on back of your statement, while it is referring to your account/statement, there's a notation that you can use the address to write to inquire about discrepencies on your account.  I'd think calling would be easier of course.

Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RnJ wrote:

gdale6,

Mine actuallly rounded up to the nearest dollar, so technically, your's might have even been 8.00 (if they round off).  Read the fine print on back of your statement, while it is referring to your account/statement, there's a notation that you can use the address to write to inquire about discrepencies on your account.  I'd think calling would be easier of course.

Thanks for the info, I decided to use their secure message service so I have a record of the actual conversation in print.

Message 6 of 17
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Are you sure all your charges are Qualifying Purchases?

Cash Back Rewards Excluded Transactions: The following transactions are excluded from earning cash
back rewards under this Program: Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, purchases of money orders or other cash
equivalents, fees, interest charges, adjustments, unauthorized/ fraudulent transactions and certain other charges.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Are you sure all your charges are Qualifying Purchases?

Cash Back Rewards Excluded Transactions: The following transactions are excluded from earning cash
back rewards under this Program: Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, purchases of money orders or other cash
equivalents, fees, interest charges, adjustments, unauthorized/ fraudulent transactions and certain other charges.

Yes, there are no non qualifiers according to their rules. All the charges are everyday store purchases with no cash back.

Message 8 of 17
RnJ
Contributor

gdale6, can you update if you hear back from secured msging?  I never had any luck with a response with that method - inquired about something after first obtaining the card, they never responded except with a generic "your msg has been received".

Message 9 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RnJ wrote:

gdale6, can you update if you hear back from secured msging?  I never had any luck with a response with that method - inquired about something after first obtaining the card, they never responded except with a generic "your msg has been received".

Yep I will let this thread know, I got the msg recd within 2 mins along with 7-10 days to respond to it... If I dont hear within 10 then phone call to the EO will be made.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.