Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAp 1 Quicksilver Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAp 1 Quicksilver Increase

I have had my Quicksilver with a $500 limit for over a year.  I've never missed a payment and most months i pay twice a month.  I also always pay double my minimum payment.  I can't get an increase to save my life!  I called in and they just tell me to do it online but when I do I get declined.  I keep reading where most people get increases every 6 monts.  Why am I not getting any?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAp 1 Quicksilver Increase

Same here. Squeaky clean credit, low 700s now, can't for the life of me get an increase.

Meanwhile, I know a person with a foreclosure, and 3 accounts in collections, started at 1k and in less than 6 months they are at 2.5k. FYI they didn't ask for anything, it just happened.

Capital One is coo coo if you ask me.

Message 2 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Is CapOne giving you any plausible reasons? I think they like swipes, but they also like to see you pay in full. Maybe you should be leaving reasonable statement balances while making sure that the balances are from new charges.

Message 3 of 9
thummel
Established Contributor

With everything that's going on with capital one, it just sounds like there tightening up on increases right now. People are getting CLD for weird reasons too.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a score of around 620 I got the quicksilver card with a SL of $300. I card was almost maxed out 2 months in but paid off in full each month. I also would make several micro payments within the month($15,$20,$30). After 5 months I got an auto increase to $2300. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on year 2. 750CL, pay down each month almost in full plus micro payments like yourself, usually 50-75-100.

Still no CLI. I apply and I get denied. I had high util at the time, but now I'm reporting less than 30%, tried again, no luck..

FYI I never get auto increases. P.s. My venture card was opened last year with a 2k limit after they denied the QS CLI.

Like I said, CAP1 is coo coo lol

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Capital one Journey that I barely opened maybe 6 months ago and have had 2 cli without even asking.  I went from $500 to $800 then the other day it was at $1100.  The utilization and payments are the same except i only pay on it once a month versus twice a month like I do the quicksilver.  Maybe I should see if I can combine my quicksilver to my journey since they seem to increase me pretty frequently. 

Message 7 of 9
CramEiko
Established Contributor

I got my first Cap1 card 2 years last April (2015). I started with a $300 Platinum w/AF and tried called about an increase but it was too soon (2mo in). At 6 month I called and was offered CLI to $500 and a PC to QC1 w/lower AF. 1 month prior to my 1st year to date Cap1 auto increased my CL to $3.5k. After a few months I called CSR @ Cap1 again and asked about a product change. I spoke to a coupe different people and was able to change from QS1 to QS. My horrible APR is still lingering with me but I no longer have an AF. In March (2017) I did a CLI request online and it bumpped my CL up to $5.5k and called CSR again and got a temporary APR reduction, but I have never carried a ballance.

I was using this card for all my purchaces my first year and "other" purchases that my rewards cards didn't cover. I continue to pay off my balance as they clear pending and use cards now instead of my Debit card.

Hope any of that helps....

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 8 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

I also didn't get a cli for at 6 month for no reason
They make up reasons saying they couldn't get my payment data
I am zero utilization and using the card
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.