Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC App Options - Balance Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC App Options - Balance Transfer

Hello all!

Made a post a few months back and been working on the various aspects of getting my credit score in order. I recently got a 10K raise allowing me to finally have dissaposable income to pay my credit card debt. On top of that, I have an expectation being able to get another 10K raise a year from now due to how my field works. But I'm trying to figure out what to do between and then to minimize the amount of money I'm wasting on interest (beyond reducing my % APR). What seems to be in my best option is transferring as much of my existing CC debt into 0% BT cards and focus on paying the outstanding debt. Problem is I'm not sure what make the most sense to attempt hard pulls on. Anyways onto my circumstances:

70% CC utilization across four accounts totaling up to about 14K. 

20K Student Loans

No bad payment history or other negatives to be concerned with.

2 HP over the last two years.

Credit score hovering between 660-670 it seems for the major bureaus.

Now my problem is all the normal easy goes for where to pick a BT card aren't really solid choices for me since I already have some of em:

Chase - Got one CC with them and they won't budge an inch in my past experience.

Discover - Already got the discover IT and they won't increase CL with a softpull. Don't really see any other options.

Capital One - Got two cards months back. Not BT cards.

Citi - Got approved for the DC with a 3k limit last week. Probably will ask for a hard pull CLI when I get the card.

AMEX - ???. Got nothing with them but it doesn't seem to be the best option.

BoA - Americard looks tempting, but I don't think I'll get much of a CL to justify the pull.

Anyways looking for options while repaying stuffs. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CC App Options - Balance Transfer

Join Navy Federal and probably consolidate all the debt to 1 card or 1 checking line of credit. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check to see if Capital One had any BT offers available for you?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under the impression Cap One has a two card limit? I'm already up to two at this point.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was under the impression Cap One has a two card limit? I'm already up to two at this point.

No, you can have way more than 2 cap1, think it's 5.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.