New Contributor

CC Apply Advice

So my Fico is 655.. EX 637 and TU 670.. I have a handful of credit cards with limits from 300-750(2200 total limits).. In the next couple days once my january stuff reports, i will be moving my UTI from 50% to about 10% AND im adding to a tradeline with 7 year history of no lates and a 10k limit with under 10%UTI.. Im hoping with both to boost my scores right around 700.. I do have a paid public judge from 2 years ago, no other lates, no other collections, a newer car loan (so high UTI on that) I really want to get a decent card with over 5k line.. i have income of 80k, and household of 130k.. Can anyone give me any advice on what card to try and get, and do you think my score will go over 700 with paying down and getting added to that tradeline??Thanks!

Scores (All Fico 3/5/2014) EQ-695 EX-711 TU-725

Goal 725 across
Mega Contributor

Re: CC Apply Advice

Welcome to the forum OCU Duck card seems to be the most popular for larger CL.

New Contributor

thanks, will look into it

Goal 725 across
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

congrats

+ Chase Ink =

Valued Contributor

chosen4th wrote:

So my Fico is 655.. EX 637 and TU 670.. I have a handful of credit cards with limits from 300-750(2200 total limits).. In the next couple days once my january stuff reports, i will be moving my UTI from 50% to about 10% AND im adding to a tradeline with 7 year history of no lates and a 10k limit with under 10%UTI.. Im hoping with both to boost my scores right around 700.. I do have a paid public judge from 2 years ago, no other lates, no other collections, a newer car loan (so high UTI on that) I really want to get a decent card with over 5k line.. i have income of 80k, and household of 130k.. Can anyone give me any advice on what card to try and get, and do you think my score will go over 700 with paying down and getting added to that tradeline??Thanks!

Need more info, what do you typically need the card for? 

$13.5K$7K8.5K$15K$5K1K
$5K

EQ-683 TU-724 EX-722 (as of 5-1-15)
New Contributor

A. So i can have a card thats not a Credit one that im not embarrassed to take out. And B. to earn some rewards with all of the spending that i do. I also own a business and i want to be able to take out a larger personal loan and I feel like if i go to the bank with a bunch of 500$ credit cards, how will they say yes to a 15-20 k loan

Goal 725 across
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried a local CU?  Many times a CU's underwriting criteria is a little more flexible than what you may find with other financial institutions.  I've been re-building myself over the last several months & understand what you mean about wanting a higher CL.  So, tried a local CU & they were the first to offer me a $5K CL. 

Establishing a relationship with a CU (if you haven't already) may be a good idea for future financial needs, too.  Many offer much more competitive loan rates & higher savings rates than what I've seen with the traditional banks as well. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
New Contributor

I havent gone yet.. Ive been with PNC for years and am hesitant to leave

Goal 725 across
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.