Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Apply Advice

tag
chosen4th
Contributor

CC Apply Advice

So my Fico is 655.. EX 637 and TU 670.. I have a handful of credit cards with limits from 300-750(2200 total limits).. In the next couple days once my january stuff reports, i will be moving my UTI from 50% to about 10% AND im adding to a tradeline with 7 year history of no lates and a 10k limit with under 10%UTI.. Im hoping with both to boost my scores right around 700.. I do have a paid public judge from 2 years ago, no other lates, no other collections, a newer car loan (so high UTI on that) I really want to get a decent card with over 5k line.. i have income of 80k, and household of 130k.. Can anyone give me any advice on what card to try and get, and do you think my score will go over 700 with paying down and getting added to that tradeline??Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: CC Apply Advice

Welcome to the forum OCU Duck card seems to be the most popular for larger CL.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 8
chosen4th
Contributor

thanks, will look into it

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@chosen4th wrote:

So my Fico is 655.. EX 637 and TU 670.. I have a handful of credit cards with limits from 300-750(2200 total limits).. In the next couple days once my january stuff reports, i will be moving my UTI from 50% to about 10% AND im adding to a tradeline with 7 year history of no lates and a 10k limit with under 10%UTI.. Im hoping with both to boost my scores right around 700.. I do have a paid public judge from 2 years ago, no other lates, no other collections, a newer car loan (so high UTI on that) I really want to get a decent card with over 5k line.. i have income of 80k, and household of 130k.. Can anyone give me any advice on what card to try and get, and do you think my score will go over 700 with paying down and getting added to that tradeline??Thanks!

Need more info, what do you typically need the card for? 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 5 of 8
chosen4th
Contributor

A. So i can have a card thats not a Credit one that im not embarrassed to take out. And B. to earn some rewards with all of the spending that i do. I also own a business and i want to be able to take out a larger personal loan and I feel like if i go to the bank with a bunch of 500$ credit cards, how will they say yes to a 15-20 k loan

Message 6 of 8
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried a local CU?  Many times a CU's underwriting criteria is a little more flexible than what you may find with other financial institutions.  I've been re-building myself over the last several months & understand what you mean about wanting a higher CL.  So, tried a local CU & they were the first to offer me a $5K CL. 

Establishing a relationship with a CU (if you haven't already) may be a good idea for future financial needs, too.  Many offer much more competitive loan rates & higher savings rates than what I've seen with the traditional banks as well. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 7 of 8
chosen4th
Contributor

I havent gone yet.. Ive been with PNC for years and am hesitant to leave

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.