Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Bonus Miles and Elite status..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Bonus Miles and Elite status..

Hey everyone!

Let's say I will get 50k from the US Airways CC I just got..If I get 50,000 miles without flying, to I get Platnum status with AA at some point?

Basically does miles earn with your CC help you gaining status with airlines?

I can't really find the answer :/

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: CC Bonus Miles and Elite status..

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!

Let's say I will get 50k from the US Airways CC I just got..If I get 50,000 miles without flying, to I get Platnum status with AA at some point?

Basically does miles earn with your CC help you gaining status with airlines?

I can't really find the answer :/

No they don't. A few cards have something where they will give you a set number of miles that qualify towards loyalty levels if you meet specific annual spending thresholds, but your daily spend is just going to be miles that do not count towards any kind of status.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... that makes sense.. It is just weird to see 70k AA without any change of status there Smiley Sad

Thank you for the reply!

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically does miles earn with your CC help you gaining status with airlines? I can't really find the answer :/

Where are you looking?  The card's site and the airline site will have your answer.  In many cases the answer is no, but there are some card that can affect status.  I just ran across an article on one of the blogs like PointsGuy or FlyerTalk on this topic --can't recall which off the top of my head.  There's always Google:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=credit%20card%20earn%20airline%20status&es_th=1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.