Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Fraud Macy's AmEx

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

CC Fraud Macy's AmEx

Just wondered what everyone is experiencing out there for CC fraud.

Twice in the past few months my Macys AmEx has had fraudulent charges. This is a card I have in my wallet. No AUs. Never used it online....yet, I am now waiting for my new card, once again. I have no idea how it was compromised....twice.

This last one was a bogus charge from Amazon.com. They connected us with Amazon, and the guy's Amazon account had already been closed down for fraudulent activity. The Macys rep told me that they have been having a lot of fraud activity with Amazon.com charges.

Wondered if it's just me and my luck or if anyone else has noticed anything?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Fraud Macy's AmEx

@Jazzzy wrote:

Just wondered what everyone is experiencing out there for CC fraud.

Twice in the past few months my Macys AmEx has had fraudulent charges. This is a card I have in my wallet. No AUs. Never used it online....yet, I am now waiting for my new card, once again. I have no idea how it was compromised....twice.

This last one was a bogus charge from Amazon.com. They connected us with Amazon, and the guy's Amazon account had already been closed down for fraudulent activity. The Macys rep told me that they have been having a lot of fraud activity with Amazon.com charges.

Wondered if it's just me and my luck or if anyone else has noticed anything?

Did you use card at Target, Neiman Marcus, or Michael's?  They've been all over the news for data compromises.

If not, do you use the cards in transactions where the card leaves your sight (i.e., restaurants)?   Or have you used it during a swipe that seemed unusual or problematic?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.