Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Late Payment

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

CC Late Payment

Okay, so my cc payment is due on 1/14 & I don't get paid until 1/15.  Has anyone ever heard of credit card companies granting you an extension on your payment to avoid the late fee or is that too much to ask for?  I can pay it the next day & really don't want to get hit w/a fee & have that late payment show up on my credit.  The card is w/FP.  Suggestions or help please.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Re: CC Late Payment

Make the payment on the 14th in the afternoon, the money wont even be considered transfered "on hold" in your account until the 15th and wont withdrawl until the 16th. You should be fine making the payment on the due date.

Experience: Previous Bank Teller

Message 2 of 13
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  Now how should I make the payment?  I normally do online bill pay w/my bank to pay my credit cards to avoid any fees.
Message 3 of 13
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@amp0804 wrote:

Make the payment on the 14th in the afternoon, the money wont even be considered transfered "on hold" in your account until the 15th and wont withdrawl until the 16th. You should be fine making the payment on the due date.

Experience: Previous Bank Teller

Question . . . . The 14th is on Thursday.  If he pays on Thursday afternoon on the creditor's web site, the transaction occurrs on Friday but since the next days is Saturday (the 16th), wouldn't he be OK until the following Monday (assuming he made an early deposit on Monday morning)? Or is that too much of a stretch?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Okay, I'm confused, lol.  I don't pay on FP's website b/c I assume there's a fee since they're a fee for everything else.  I just need to know what method of payment I should use to make sure that it posts on the 14th.  I will have direct deposit hit my checking account on the 15th.
Message 5 of 13
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Then what payment method do you plan on using...If you use online bill payment through your bank they automaticaly deduct the money from your account and they send out a check that is garunteed there at a certain date. If you dont plan on using FP website then I suggest you call them to have them change your billing due date for this month if thats possible or borrow the money from someone for 1 day. They are ignorant and I highly doubt they will let you slide paying 1 day late. That bank, banks on people making mistakes.
Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

Never count eggs before they hatch!  But if one is sure to have money in a checking account on the 1/15, one can initiate a payment via the creditor's website on 1/14.  It take about two for the transaction to clear from one's checking account. 
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be scared to pay without having the money. I have seen cc's that say something about changing the day payment is due.  Wouldnt that be a better option, just saying I prefer to pay all my bills on said day?
Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@ABattle wrote:
Okay, I'm confused, lol.  I don't pay on FP's website b/c I assume there's a fee since they're a fee for everything else.  I just need to know what method of payment I should use to make sure that it posts on the 14th.  I will have direct deposit hit my checking account on the 15th.

You're going to have to use FP's website this time. You can either do that or be late - and you don't want to be late!
Message 9 of 13
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

You donot have a choice but to pay with FPs website. They'll charge you 7 bucks. But atleast, unlike HSBC, they will accept the payment to have been made on time if you pay even on the very due date. But try as you can, to not to pay after the 14th.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.