Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Limit decreased...

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: CC Limit decreased...

@theeurotuner wrote:

Agreed! I would not put any more attention to your cards! 

I am verry to hear about your employment and am confident you'll find something! Credit is repairable and when your back on your feet you can send out good will letters. 

hopefully you don't completely burn the creditors. Try to make atleast minimum payment somehow because you do NOT want to go into default APR of 29.99%, then your debt wil spiral out of control.

Per the Credit CARD Act, the penalty APR only applies to new purchases if the cardholder is under 60 days late without making minimum payments. Once the cardholder is 60+ days late, the penalty APR will be assessed on purchases that have already been made (i.e. the balance of the CC). 

So, if OP has limited funds and can only pay half of his minimum payments, make sure to rotate them to avoid the penalty APR on the entire balance. Below is a good article explaining the penalty APR conditions:

http://articles.extension.org/pages/38098/what-is-a-penalty-apr-on-a-credit-card

Message 11 of 12
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: CC Limit decreased...

If your brother is not using the AU cards, it is best to have him removed. The other route would be for him to dispute the AU accounts as not his with the CRA's. The accounts should be removed from his credit report while allowing him to still have access to the AU card.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.