Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Offers and Soft Pulls

tag
cakkd
Contributor

CC Offers and Soft Pulls

When my credit was horrible, I rarely got CC offers, but when I did they were from some obscure bank with enormous APRs.

When my credit got a little better, I would sometimes get offers for CCs with a 19.99% APR or higher.

Now that my credit is still better, I seem to get three CC offers a week with offers around 14.99% or 15.99% after a long 0% period.

So, maybe I’ve answered my own question, but do SPs let CC companies know what credit bracket you are in, and thus what type of CC product to offer you unsolicited?

Starting scores (June 9,2012): 591(TU), 582(EXP), 591(EQUI)
Current score: 721 (Discover Fico)
Goal scores: 761 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Offers and Soft Pulls

@cakkd wrote:

When my credit was horrible, I rarely got CC offers, but when I did they were from some obscure bank with enormous APRs.

When my credit got a little better, I would sometimes get offers for CCs with a 19.99% APR or higher.

Now that my credit is still better, I seem to get three CC offers a week with offers around 14.99% or 15.99% after a long 0% period.

So, maybe I’ve answered my own question, but do SPs let CC companies know what credit bracket you are in, and thus what type of CC product to offer you unsolicited?

Yes

Message 2 of 4
cakkd
Contributor

How low will the APR offers go?

Starting scores (June 9,2012): 591(TU), 582(EXP), 591(EQUI)
Current score: 721 (Discover Fico)
Goal scores: 761 across the board
Message 3 of 4
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@cakkd wrote:

How low will the APR offers go?

Depends on the card being offered. If you look up specific cards they'll specifiy under the terms what the APR range is.

I jumped on a Cap 1 QS prequal because it was an offer for one with a 12.9% APR

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.