Frequent Contributor
Deltadog03

CC Reporting and Payment

Hey everyone!  Quick question, when your statement cuts, I know the CC company will send that balance to the Credit Companies, but do yall wait until that shows up to pay your bill, or do yall pay it right when the statement cuts?  I am assuming paying right after the statement cuts/before it reports won't mess up how much gets reported right?  as long as there is a balance when the statement cuts?  Hope that question sounds right...TY

EX: 619 (FICO) 3/14/14
EQ: 587 (FICO) 3/14/14
TU: 579 (FICO) 3/2/14

Goal: 700 Across the board In Garden until 4/1/16
Merrick Bank (0/500) Cap 1 Secured (0/201) Cap 1 Plat (0/300)
Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

Re: CC Reporting and Payment

Deltadog03 wrote:

Hey everyone!  Quick question, when your statement cuts, I know the CC company will send that balance to the Credit Companies, but do yall wait until that shows up to pay your bill, or do yall pay it right when the statement cuts?  I am assuming paying right after the statement cuts/before it reports won't mess up how much gets reported right?  as long as there is a balance when the statement cuts?  Hope that question sounds right...TY

Yep, that's right. Most cards report whatever's on the statement. Even if they don't report to the CRAs for a few days after issuing the statement, it's the statement amount that gets reported to the CRAs. So you can have payments or charges hit the day after the statement and they won't show.

Frequent Contributor
Deltadog03

Re: CC Reporting and Payment

Perfect...Thank you!

EX: 619 (FICO) 3/14/14
EQ: 587 (FICO) 3/14/14
TU: 579 (FICO) 3/2/14

Goal: 700 Across the board In Garden until 4/1/16
Merrick Bank (0/500) Cap 1 Secured (0/201) Cap 1 Plat (0/300)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}