cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Reports at the end of the month instead of Statement date How would you fix this problem

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

CC Reports at the end of the month instead of Statement date How would you fix this problem

I have PNC Card and I PIF before the statement generates around the 23rd in order to have a 0 balance. I was informed that they report to the agencies at the end of the month , instead of the statement date. Are there any other banks that do this? The soultion I was given was to PIF sometime around the last day of the month, and not use the card until after the 1st of the month
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Reports at the end of the month instead of Statement date How would you fix this problem

HSBC-Orchard does that too (not store-branded). I don't have PNC, but that's good to know.
Message 2 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: CC Reports at the end of the month instead of Statement date How would you fix this problem

plasticguy wrote:
I have PNC Card and I PIF before the statement generates around the 23rd in order to have a 0 balance. I was informed that they report to the agencies at the end of the month , instead of the statement date. Are there any other banks that do this? The soultion I was given was to PIF sometime around the last day of the month, and not use the card until after the 1st of the month

Yep - US Bank does this with my Visa with them; reports the account as it stands on the last day of the month, and my statement date is several days later.

The solution you were given probably is your best bet, if your main aim is to have it report a 0 balance.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks, for the info. I couldn't understand where they were getting $129.00 as a balance. It was because I used the card after the statement and before the 1st of the month, thus the $129.00 being reported
Message 4 of 8
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I'm not familiar with PNC's practices so this information might be totally useless but here it goes anyway. A friend has a Chase card and his statement cut the middle of the month which he didn't like since all his other bills come on the 1st and he likes to pay them all at once. I called Chase and asked if it was possible to change the statement date. They said that all he needed to do was change his payment due date so that it was 25 days after he wanted his statement to cut since they have a 25 day grace period. We changed his due date to the 21st so that his statement would cut a few days prior to the end of the month and he would have it around the 1st. If PNC allows a person to change their due date, perhaps you could change it so that your closing date was nearer the last day of the month. This would make it easier to keep track of. I'm glad you posted this information since I have a National City card that will be switching to PNC very soon. My statement date now is around the 3rd of the month, so I may have to change the way I do things on my card as well.
Message Edited by hemi961 on 09-21-2009 07:40 AM
Message 5 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

They did mention to me that I could change the statement date closer to the end of the month. As it stands now, the statement date is somewhere between the 23-28. I'll just stick to my original plan , which would be, schedule a payment on the 29th and do not use the card until after the 1st. I only let 3 balances report out of 13 accounts, so if one more is reported, then I still should be OK

My Chase Professional Business Card doesn't report to any agency at all, But Citi Pro, doesSmiley Surprised

Oh and BTW, Your reply was NOT useless! 

Message 6 of 8
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if they would even allow a change in the date.  I'm glad you made the original post because it will be something I need to be on the look out for when my card becomes PNC. My statement date should work out good for me because I always pay before the end of the month anyway, but knowing when they report is valuable information to have.
Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

BofA did this to me one time. I guess all issuers might do it but so far that is the only one that did it to me. If you're playing the accounts with a balance game for your scores don't use too many cards in any one reporting period if it matters that much to ya.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.