Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Suggestions - improving my mix

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

CC Suggestions - improving my mix

I think I need to have more CC's in order to improve my "mix"- i figured out apping strategy (when I should apply, etc, what inqs will fall off, no longer effect and who pulls what bureau)

Open - I only have an installment auto loan - close to being paid off - last payment Nov 18th; and a Visa with a toy store limit.

one account is closed account which still has a balance... i am going to pay 50% of it off  this week and i'm tired of this account too...28% interest rate.

My current TU Fico (so mad about 16 point drop for no obvious reason besides the fact I guess i got rebucketed) 657 and EQ is 665.

I apped for a Nordstrom card on 09/10/09 and I am waiting after I confirm my identitiy...

What cards could I possibly get with this score that could help me iwth my mix, or lack thereof...

Please keep in mind that i will be getting another auto loan Dec EOY --

I dont' want to end up in sub prime land with rates, fees, etc...

No worries on over extending myself here. my dti is 2% and that inludes the auto.

I'm in a dirty bucket.

Thanks for any opinions/advice.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: CC Suggestions - improving my mix

I wouldn't do it. I would hold for a while and let those scores come up.
Message 2 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

daisy...I agree with CWCID.

As you said, you're going to be getting another auto loan. Right now, you don't want too many more recent inquiries or too many new accounts.

Take a deep breath and let what you have settle in until after you get the car loan.

That's what I would do...

Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

daisy...I agree with CWCID.

As you said, you're going to be getting another auto loan. Right now, you don't want too many more recent inquiries or too many new accounts.

Take a deep breath and let what you have settle in until after you get the car loan.

That's what I would do...

+1
Message 4 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks all for the good advice.....i thought waiting was a good idea too, only b/c of the auto loan i will need ....and my scores do need to go up a little bit as well!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.