Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC after BK

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

CC after BK

I filed a BK in 06/2001. its off my CR on 06/11 . How long will it take before a major CC issuer Citi, Chase, BoA will approve me for a CC i already have HSBC Juniper and COF

TU- 726

EQ- 700

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: CC after BK

@joeblow2 wrote:

I filed a BK in 06/2001. its off my CR on 06/11 . How long will it take before a major CC issuer Citi, Chase, BoA will approve me for a CC i already have HSBC Juniper and COF

TU- 726

EQ- 700

Before the credit crisis I would have said now. Might be different now. Assuming none of these issuers you mentioned were included in your BK I would apply in this order. Citi Chase and BofA. Not all at once though. LOL.

Message 2 of 5
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

They all were included in BK. Although I now have a Chase CC used to be Washington Mutual. So DO i have to wait until 2011? 
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

joeblow2 wrote:

They all were included in BK. Although I now have a Chase CC used to be Washington Mutual. So DO i have to wait until 2011? 

Well, no one's going to make you wait, lol.

The problem is that all the cards that you included in your BK are going to remember you, even when the BK no longer shows on your reports. They have their own internal records, and many banks will never do business with you again, whether the BK still reports or not. Once burned, twice shy, and all that.

BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

Do remember that this thread got started before the current credit mess. Things might well have changed from the info on some of the older posts.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I was able to get a Chase card and they were IIB. This was before the "crunch". It might be different now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.