Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC after house closing?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CC after house closing?

@jordanmedical wrote:

So I apped for PP MC after I got my cli and apr reduction and visa signature status on my nfcu cash card, got approved for 1500.

I want to app for 2 more before I stop for a while, need some advice:

Home Depot or Lowes (Lowes is GE and I already have a few cards with them but Citi sent me a pre-approval a month ago after I was added as an AU on my mom's acct)

CareCredit (for any medical or vet emergencies)-how often do I have to use to keep this active?

Any advice on applying for the above before the new accts hit my report?

I know I have no hope for the AMEX BCE but do I have hope to try to start with a charge card?

Util have gone up to 40% due to mid-cycle reporting of my GE acct after changing my addy Smiley Sad

Lowe;s because GE gives good CLI's but at 40% UTL I would not advise any app's .....Time to garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 12
terminalhockey11
Valued Member

Re: CC after house closing?

Closing in 2 weeks, the wife and I (640-650 range) trying to figure out what 1-2 app steps we should take. Welcome any advice

UTIL is low (my cards are about $10 at the moment and she has a $100 balance) but we have some baddies, she has one recent that popped up, mine are mostly from a couple years back.  Inqueries with the 2 hard pulls + each of us have purchased vehicles in the recent past (Nov/Jan) out of necessity but overall DTI is low.  

Lowes vs Home Depot to get some ancillary items (i.e. lawn mower) 

Debating on a store card, furntiure stores (Scandinavian, Furniture Row) all seem to be Wells Fargo.

Also plan on calling Capital One - have had the Plat MC for 2+ years but didn't seem to be part of Credit steps so dont know if I've ever had a CLI (at $300) my others are subprime as well (1st Premier & Credit One) that hopefully I'll get to close by end of the year

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.