Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC and taxes question

tag
knhorn
Contributor

CC and taxes question

This might be a little bit of a silly question, but credit card companies do not report your spending information to the IRS correct?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Re: CC and taxes question

Cc companies do not report to the IRS.....hey, how do you like your Barclay Rewards MC? I just got approved for it 2weeks ago, then opened Amex BCE and Discover last week...do you think Barclay will be okay with that? I'm asking you since you have Barclay rewards and a lot of other Cards...at least a lot more than I do....did you get your Barclay Card before most of your cards, or did you get the Barclay card towards the end of your collection of credit cards?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 2 of 6
knhorn
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Honestly, the only reason I got it was because of the $100/$750 offer. It pretty much just collects dust now. I got approved for it and 2 others within a few days of each other back in November, so from my experience I think you should be ok. 1% CB and then 2% CB on gas, grocery, and utilities. I can get a higher CB% in those categories with my other cards. Your amex covers the gas and grocery. I'll put a few things here and there on it, but other than that I can't justify useing it when other cards offer higher CB percentages.

Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

This might be a little bit of a silly question, but credit card companies do not report your spending information to the IRS correct?

Thanks very much for adding another thing to worry about in my already paranoid mind...lol!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
BRlaw
Established Member

No but if you ever get audited it is free game for subpoena... It is very much a "paper trial" if that is what you are getting at...

Discover IT $1000 - TJX MC $3750 - Walmart $950 - Citi AAdvantage $2000/NPSL - Macy's $1000 - Wells Fargo College $1000
Jcrew $1300 - Overstock $7000 - Chase Freedom $3500

Message 5 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@BRlaw wrote:

No but if you ever get audited it is free game for subpoena... It is very much a "paper trial" if that is what you are getting at...

Ditto......instead of BR "law", mine is CPA.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.