Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC app with EQ and frozen EX/TU?

tag
seetheworld1

CC app with EQ and frozen EX/TU?

Hi, guys,

I have a thin credit file (a 2-year-old car loan) and a cap 1 secured CC that's under 2 mos old. I've done a pretty intense repair of my credit over the past few months and have gotten some collections off. I also have a paid tax lien that the IRS is going to withdraw. Whoo! I want to app for a couple of prime CCs. So far my EQ is spotless, but the lien still hasn't come off my TU or EX (figures they'd be late to the party). Should I wait until the TU and EX are clean, which could be another month or so, or should I freeze TU and EX while I'm waiting for that lien to be removed and then ask the banks to just pull the EQ? Has anyone ever done that and do the banks generally cooperate? If yes, do you know which ones are likely to cooperate. Thanks for your advice! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CC app with EQ and frozen EX/TU?

@seetheworld1 wrote:

Hi, guys,

I have a thin credit file (a 2-year-old car loan) and a cap 1 secured CC that's under 2 mos old. I've done a pretty intense repair of my credit over the past few months and have gotten some collections off. I also have a paid tax lien that the IRS is going to withdraw. Whoo! I want to app for a couple of prime CCs. So far my EQ is spotless, but the lien still hasn't come off my TU or EX (figures they'd be late to the party). Should I wait until the TU and EX are clean, which could be another month or so, or should I freeze TU and EX while I'm waiting for that lien to be removed and then ask the banks to just pull the EQ? Has anyone ever done that and do the banks generally cooperate? If yes, do you know which ones are likely to cooperate. Thanks for your advice! 

IMHO wait until CR's are updated for better approval odds and limits 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@seetheworld1 wrote:

Hi, guys,

IMHO wait until CR's are updated for better approval odds and limits 

+1

Message 3 of 4
seetheworld1

That's good advice. I'll wait. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.