Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC approvals with high SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC approvals with high SL

What are these lenders basing their descision on? Reason I ask is because I'd like to have a card with $5k, $10k etc. like a lot of members on here. My AAoA is over 5 years, oldest account being 11 years. I'm thankful to have the current two cards I have but wishing I had a higher limit (1) Cap1 $300 (2) AMEX ($500) which I have not received yet. Newest account is the Cap1 which about 3 months, prior to that its been about 10 years since I applied for credit.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC approvals with high SL

Discover has been nice to rebuilders/thin profiles as of late. Its worth a try since you have no inquiries other than those 2 imo .They were the nicest to me giving me $10k to start with. And I have a charge off on file .What's the worst that can happen? You'll get a lower limit and it can grow easily over time . if not are you able to join NFCU? If your not already a member that is.  

Edit: you will not get the answer you are looking for on here. What are they basing it off of? We don't know .There is no rhyme or reason behind any one creditors approvals or starting limits. Obviously score, income, and all the other fico factors are a factor upon approval .But SL are a YMMV thing .Now to get an idea there are thousands of posts on this forum to read as to who got approved for which card at what score etc .To give you a better idea of what's possible. Just takes some reading. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You Amex at $500 says there is something they did not like.  Prior BK? The Amex $500 is generally a credit steps card  and has some information posted about it. 1) Leave a  balance each month  2) pay regularly  and on time 3)  after 6 months you can get an auto increase

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides the thin file, I'm not sure...I have a few inquires when I went to the dealership and they went crazy with the HP's in Nov. which I wish I found out about this forum before. Other than the inquires, I have nothing negative. 2 previous auto loans that are closed, no late payments, account paid satisfactorily. Is it possible due to the long pause from my auto loan years back to my new age account?
Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

For scoring purposes, your auto inquiries should only count for one pull as long as they're coded as "auto" and they took place within a short time frame. That doesn't require lenders to look at these as a single inquiry, but if they're on the ball, they would.

I think your BCE will probably grow with time. You were "barely" approved because of a thin file, not because of a bad one.

For the tine being, garden your two cards rather than applying for anything else. In six months or so, you'll likely be in a good position to grab another card. The higher limits will come.

Message 5 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I noticed how nice that EX score is! Your mortgage score is likely better.
I rarely recommend them lately, but I think NASA FCU would be a good fit. They pull EX and use the old scoring model. They were my pry bar to higher limits. Instant $25k approval from these guys 2 plus years ago. I have a feeling they'll love your thin but aged file.
Plus the card is really cool looking!😎
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.