cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC balance updated in the middle of the month?

tag
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

CC balance updated in the middle of the month?

I just got a SW Alert, and my EQ FICO has fallen 5 points because my CC just updated on 3/27 instead of 4/12 like it is scheduled to.  My util is 13% currently, it had previously been 8%.

Is this common?

I was planning on PIF before the 12th....this is weird.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: CC balance updated in the middle of the month?

Hi, just reviewing my credit reports today and noticed my BOA cc reported 2X so far to the credit bureaus.  I am going to be calling this bank and and to see what is going on here.  My cc closed on the 23rd of last month and had a $0 balance and now today reporting $138.00 balance I do not think this is fair especially without knowing.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't happen too often, but it really isn't that unusual either. DW's Discover reported two or three times mid-cycle in January. Others have reported occasional mid-cycle reporting from several different issuers ...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE did the same thing to me last month they reported 3 accounts I have with them twice in one month. I'm not sure why this was done when your trying to play the utility game it kind of messes u up.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior to Chase taking over WAMU, WAMU would update balance about 1x per week.  I stopped using the card.  Then when the Chase announcement came out, they stopped reporting but once per month the last 2 months prior to move.
Message 5 of 6
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Cool. As long as it reports on the statement date like it should, I'm not concerned about it.  I'll get those points right back in 9 days. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.