Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC companies are not your friends

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: CC companies are not your friends

@GangnamFICO wrote:

Lets be clear here.  The FICO system was founded in the USA for benefit of USA citizens and banks, not green card holding temps taking advantage of USA kindness.

No, it was founded by Fair Isaac to make money for the company. Just as all for-profit companies are in business primarily to make money, not friends. 

Message 11 of 16
GangnamFICO
Valued Member

@compassion101 wrote:

@GangnamFICO wrote:

Lets be clear here.  The FICO system was founded in the USA for benefit of USA citizens and banks, not green card holding temps taking advantage of USA kindness.

No, it was founded by Fair Isaac to make money for the company. Just as all for-profit companies are in business primarily to make money, not friends. 

Thank you 101, I was taking a beating out here in Signature Land!

Walmart TU Score 740
Chase Freedom($5000); CitiThankYou Preferred($5000); GEWM Discover($3500); Walmart Store($1300); AMEX Gold; AMEX BCE($6000); GE Discount Tire($1500); Mor Furniture ($4700);Cap1($750)
Message 12 of 16
knoregs
Established Contributor

*yawn*

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 13 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

There is no corporation\bank that is anyone's friend, it's not a person.  The heads of corporations\banks often lack mental qualities to be a friend as well.

Most people in finance are probably out to rip off whoever they can to line their own pockets (I've met a lot of them in my life, they've often reminded me of snakes lol).

It's best to know and remember, loans of any kind, other than close family maybe, are all done by sharks.  It's a game in a way, if you forget the rules or try to cheat, the lender will always have the better hand.   Like old sayings "Yes you need them, but Treat Fire and Electricity with respect"...

Most of the comments made on this thread rang of truth and made good points.  Somehow an argument type vibe developed where really none exists....

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Most of the posters who commented on this thread, I consider to be friends on this forum.  We all have different perspectives and it's impossible to judge another's perspective from posts on a forum.   I have to admit though, I have been impressed by 20 year olds that handle their finances extremely well and people that live rather nicely on less than 65k a year, without going paycheck to paycheck or racking up debt.

edit by webhopper

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator Review.

Webhopper

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.