Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC help re AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC help re AU

Hi there,

I am trying to bring my credit score up a few points and I found that I am still being listed as an AU on one of my ex's closed credit cards.  Its closed, he owes $1,400 has paid on time for the past 2 years. It has been open 10 years and has been 30 days late 7 times. Would it benift me to ask to be removed? Can you be removed once its closed? Its one of the older cards on my report will it negativly affect my score if I take it off? I dont know how the score weights old credit versus closed with balance. Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: CC help re AU

It is not possible to answer your question without additional information.

What are your current Fico scores? Are you reports clean (other than these 7 older 30 day late payments)? 

What is your current AAoA? What will it be without this 10 year old account?

How old is your oldest account?

What is your current  utilization?

It is my understanding that closed with a balance basically counts as a maxed out card which will hurt your Utilization. The 30 day late are probably not hurting too much after 2 years. I would imagine you would want this card off your report. Who knows when it will become late again or worse go into CO status. Dispute as not mine belongs to ex husband.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.