Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC longer than 7 years not falling out.

tag
FirstHomeBuyer
Established Member

CC longer than 7 years not falling out.

I have several CC listed in my credit report that should have been removed.  These CC have not being used for more than 8 to 9 years and they still show in my credit reportSmiley Indifferent.  Do I need to contact the credit agency to remove these CC from my report? 

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC longer than 7 years not falling out.

Do they report derogatory information (lates, CO, etc)?

Any derog info should drop 7 or 7.5 years after.  The account can remain for up to 10, but should show all positives if the TL remains.

Ideally you would have the accounts continue to show for the 10 years giving you 2.5 to 3 years of age "paid as agreed"

Message 2 of 4
jorin
Valued Member

As I understood things from the information that I've read, it takes 7 years for negative credit card information to fall of the credit report.  However, it takes 10 years from the time of closure for the actual credit card to come off...
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FirstHomeBuyer wrote:

I have several CC listed in my credit report that should have been removed.  These CC have not being used for more than 8 to 9 years and they still show in my credit reportSmiley Indifferent.  Do I need to contact the credit agency to remove these CC from my report? 

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Do they show a date of closure?

At any rate, if they have clean history, they're helping you. Don't touch them.

If you haven't already, please read Understanding Your FICO ® Score and Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

These will give you the background knowledge you need to understand what you read here on the forums.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.