Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC overpayment

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: CC overpayment

I also overpay for all the reasons mentioned here.  But I do it through my bank "bill pay".  Using bill pay, I have been able to overpay both Chase and Alliant.  Alliant however, just credits the overpayment to my savings acct.  I have also overpaid Discover, Amex, Macys (store and Visa), Best Buy (Store and Visa), Hooters, Kroger (RBS) and BoA.  All with no charges or compaints from them.

I don't know of ANY CCC that would refuse money when it comes through the door.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIecs,

Just make sure that you keep an eye out for the Target refund check. I once had a Target overpayment because I paid a bill in full before I actually realized that there was an unauthorized charge-- a store in another state manually mistyped someone's card number and the charge hit my card. Target immediately revesed the charge which left a credit. A week or two later, the credit was gone-- "other charges" in the amount of the credit having absorbed it. I assumed I'd get a refund check, but after the next billing cycle I had to call Target to ask what happened. They very quickly asked IF I wanted the money back... uh, yeah! LOL! They then credited it back to my account. Go figure.

So, just keep an eye out. You might have to request it back.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny over payment story  checked my wamu credit card see a charge for  $143 call the toll free number and found it was a home phone servce for those with bad credit, so that's not me, so I file dispute and they credited to my account,

now you to at this this was a two cycle card which ment they amount I pay to be PIF was the balance of the previous cycleI , so the next month I check ed I saw I didn't make payment ,but was't charge  a late fee, then I realied the credit  from the fraudulent  was larger than the amount I was required to make, so

Message 13 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

nothingman02 wrote:

Im sure you know about Juniper, which going by your many posts, seems like your favorite card along with Target.

I still don't like Target. My financial forecast for Target are sunny $0 balances with no chance of a CLI in the future.

However, I have warmed to Juniper after the $1100 CLI last month. They are no longer on the chopping block.

Message 14 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

LilMirth wrote:

IIecs,

Just make sure that you keep an eye out for the Target refund check. I once had a Target overpayment because I paid a bill in full before I actually realized that there was an unauthorized charge-- a store in another state manually mistyped someone's card number and the charge hit my card. Target immediately revesed the charge which left a credit. A week or two later, the credit was gone-- "other charges" in the amount of the credit having absorbed it. I assumed I'd get a refund check, but after the next billing cycle I had to call Target to ask what happened. They very quickly asked IF I wanted the money back... uh, yeah! LOL! They then credited it back to my account. Go figure.

So, just keep an eye out. You might have to request it back.

Definitely good to know. Thanks.
Message 15 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I sometimes overpay my statement balance, to cover some charges that posted shortly after the statement closed.  However, I do all my payments online, and I cannot pay more than the total balance (statement balance + unbilled charges) for most (if not all) of my cards.

Message Edited by Lel on 07-07-2009 02:00 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.