Did you mean: 

CC regrets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC regrets

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

I'm glad you clarified the reason you'd want to close the BP.  Mine is on the way! Smiley Surprised

I was having one of those "what did I do?" moments!

He has a BP gas card. You're getting a BP Visa, Mo. Yours is a better card by far.

I got the gas card intentionally because I knew having one store/gas card in the mix may be beneficial. I figured a gas card would be something I'd actually use. But I ended up getting a Kohl's store card which is unbelievably more useful. Hence, another reason I regret the BP card. At least I know that if nothing else, I can roll the $1200 BP limit into my Chase Freedom limit to get a "CLI" without a hard pull...

Message 11 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 At least I know that if nothing else, I can roll the $1200 BP limit into my Chase Freedom limit to get a "CLI" without a hard pull...

I would do it then, since having the BP only line does nothing for you.

Message 12 of 82
marty56
Super Contributor

You could sign up for CC payment protection with them and have them bill the CC each month, thus showing regualr use.

Seriously,  as long is doesn't have an AF, I would just keep it open and if they want to close it, let them. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 13 of 82
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I regret applying to Mac's today online....denied Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, I regret the Chase Freedom card becaue of their "hard pull" for CLI requirement.
Message 15 of 82
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the past year I have gone on a protracted app frenzy and have acquired 7 new cards - I now have a total of 8 cards. After reviewing my credit picture today, I realized that there is definitely one card that I regret apping for - my BP gas card. I have realized that I don't really go to BP's that often so it's an annoyance to periodically put a charge on the card.

So how about everyone else? Any recent (or not so recent) apps/new cards that you regret?

Haven't had any new apps in over 2 years. Can't say I regret any cards I have now. What I DO regret is closing so many accounts over the years. That was before I learned about account aging and other boring things like thatSmiley Happy  But you live and learn (hopefully learn for the best).

7/09
TU-742
EQ-779

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO. 

Message 16 of 82
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

What I DO regret is closing so many accounts over the years.

A hard learned lesson. I hope others are paying heed!

Message 17 of 82
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

What's Mac's? Do you mean Macy's? Why the huge difference in your TU vs. EQ scores?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 18 of 82
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

If you mean Macy's I would call them for a recon. The worst think that could happen is that you will gain some experience answering questions on a recon call and you might just walk away with a new, albeit small, TL.
Message 19 of 82
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@bigtim wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:
I regret applying to Macy's today online....denied Smiley Sad

What's Mac's? Do you mean Macy's? Why the huge difference in your TU vs. EQ scores?

Thanks for catching my typo.  It is indeed Macy's.  I believe the difference in scores between the two CRA has to do with how things are reporting.  I actually have ONE collection account on EQ that I am going through the HIPAA process with.  On TU I have 4 CA's listed.  Another difference is I have one Student loan listed on EQ and over 12 on TU.  I also think one big issue is that EQ is reporting my car loan as a closed account with a balance and TU has it as open and paying as agreed.

Its very frustrating with the way each CRA is reporting and no matter what I have done, they are still reporting so different.  Oh well.  As I continue my repair, I am hoping things will get corrected! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.