Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC rewards overlap?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

CC rewards overlap?

Has anyone made like an excel spreadsheet highlighting all the rewards certain CCs have and display the overlaps so we know which card not to apply for?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CC rewards overlap?

@megaman1 wrote:
Has anyone made like an excel spreadsheet highlighting all the rewards certain CCs have and display the overlaps so we know which card not to apply for?

One issue would be with things like rotators, where the categories change, and with cards where you can select your reward categories (Cash Plus, Huntingdon Voice) so what overlaps for one person might not for another, caps, so it makes sense to have multiple cards covering a category etc, and of course cards frequently change.

I sort of think people should do their own check before applying ("Does this unusefully overlap with my existing cards?")

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC rewards overlap?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

One issue would be with things like rotators, where the categories change, and with cards where you can select your reward categories (Cash Plus, Huntingdon Voice) so what overlaps for one person might not for another, caps, so it makes sense to have multiple cards covering a category etc, and of course cards frequently change.

I sort of think people should do their own check before applying ("Does this unusefully overlap with my existing cards?")

+1

Right, having a method to track current reward structures has helped me decide which would maximize better redemption values.  IIRC, there's a few folks around here like DaveSignal who have their own tracking methods.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.