CC's notorious for generous CLI's

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CC's notorious for generous CLI's

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yet another attempt to create a mega thread with questions asked countless times previously (IMHO). Good luck.

Yet another non-value-adding post.  I thought I was pretty clear in my original post that I utilized the search function adequately prior to posting which seems to be the big pet peeve around here for guys like you.  A thousand apologies if I didn't meet your board expectations.  And this is by no means an attempt to "create a mega thread" - it's an attempt to gain information.  If it turns into a mega thread, though, it proves that it added value to the forum evidenced by the amount of contributions, which is what we're all after isn't it?  Except for the small percentage that wing peanuts from the back row that add no value, of course.

+1 AMEN! THERE'S ALWAYS THE BACK BUTTON!

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

From my experience; PenFed Travel Rewards Amex- Instant approval for $17,500.00 with a 660 EQ 

Venture Visa Signature instant approval $15,000.00, Chase United Club Card Visa Signature, took several weeks for the approval to go through but when it was, $15,000.00 limit given and most people who get the card are seeing tradelines that start at $15,000.00, my Banana Republic Visa was instantly approved in store for $4,000.00 in January, CS call bump to $10,000.00 and chat luv recently to $12,500.00, Lowes Credit Card opened at $800 -- within months was at $30,000.00, Ebates opened at $3,000.00 and took some time but got it $15,000.00 in under 8 months, 

Very nice results above, especially with the score you posted!  Thanks for the info.

Message 22 of 43
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Amex for sure comes to mind. Went from 4k to 24k in six months.

Wow, very solid CLI over a half a year.  Which Amex card do you have?  Did your CLI's come from inquiring yourself or were some automatic? 

It's a Amex BCP. I just closed Amex SPG, ED as well as Penfed Amex Travel Rewards. I should be qualified for another CLI on the Amex in two more months.

Not sure if I will even bother. $24K is plenty for me. I did an intial request as soon as I recieved the card. 3x to $12K. Six months later I requested $24K and it was granted.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has been generous to me with CLI requests, although they require an HP. Synchrony is great as well, if you get an increase on one card, if you have another card they'll more than likely match the CLI for your other card. All three of my synchrony cards have the exact same limit.
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do all Chase cards and CLI's require a HP or is that just for special requests outside of their normal request acceptable window?

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe all chase CLIs are hard pulls. And you must request them over the phone. But I believe they only pull one bureau for an increase. My recent one was only experian.
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you're better off not requesting them and just waiting for automatic CLI's with Chase then.  I personally wouldn't want to waste HP's on CLI's, but everyone is different for sure.

Message 27 of 43
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

Yes, They are known for HPing all 3 CRAs to get a CLI. Same thing goes for Bank of America. HP all 3 CRAs.

Sounds completely incorrect, with regards to Capital One.

Capital One is known to pull three bureaus for the application, but after that it's well-known across the board to give only soft pull CLIs, and primarily off EQ04. 

In fact it's a top mention in the list of guaranteed SP CLI (along with AMEX) amongst the big banks. Chase is on the other end of the spectrum, agreeing to nothing else but an HP and your firstborn before they even start thinking of a CLI. Others like Barclays, Discover, US Bank, Citi etc have a mix of both.

Now I believe the Buypower card needs a HP for the CLI but it's also a single pull app.

I also think BoA needs a HP for a CLI but I don't think it's all three. But I don't have a card with them.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do all of these CC companies disclose clearly whether or not you'll be incurring a HP or SP for CLI's?  I'd hate to end up with surprise HP's.

Message 29 of 43
NRB525
Super Contributor

US Bank. All three of my revolvers got 40% auto-CLI at about 9 to 10 months, and the first card got another auto CLI a few years after that. This applies to cards that start at $8k+, in my experience. So once you get a Cash+, you would expect a nice auto CLI within a year.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.