Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's reporting vs score watch FICO score experiment

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

CC's reporting vs score watch FICO score experiment

Just a little heads up after some experimenting the past couple of months.  It appears my myfico EQ is maxed out at 769 for right now.  I am currently at about 5% UTL. 

Last month I let three cards report, one with $75, one with $125 and another with $3500. 

My score was 759 with three cc's reporting.  A couple of days ago the $125 dropped off when I got a requested mid cycle reporting and my score went up to 766.  The $75 dropped off yesterday or so and my score went up another 3 points to the 769. 

So, a 10 point drop for having 3 cards report, 7 for the 3rd one, 3 points for the 2nd one.  I know from a previous experiment that I would have a 7 point drop from having 0 cards report a balance.

Now the final straws in the experiment, the $3500 I have on a 0 interest promo will show a $500 decrease after the statement cuts tomorrow, and it will be my only card reporting.  Although my UTL % will not change I'm interested to see if a reduction in a reported balance will do anything for the score.  My new 15K CSP TL will report in about 10 days, again, interested to see if there is a change as it won't effectively change my UTL, 5% to 4%, but will show a new TL.

End of experiement but it has been interesting to see the manipulated score changes.  BTW, two years ago this month I was 649TU with a mortgage and one secured cc.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC's reporting vs score watch FICO score experiment

All very interesting. Good for you for experimenting, that's awesome!

Message 2 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Interesting..I just lost another 10 points for 1 card more with a balance of 4,95$  yesterday...lol.. My experiment will go towards 1 card in May and curious if I can get the 802 back Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 4
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Interesting..I just lost another 10 points for 1 card more with a balance of 4,95$  yesterday...lol.. My experiment will go towards 1 card in May and curious if I can get the 802 back Smiley Surprised

Yep it is interesting how little things affect your score even with over $100K of available credit.  A couple of months ago, you may recall, I had all cards report a zero balance and I lost 7 points, stopped and bought a six pack on the way home with a card that reported a couple days later and gained the 7 points back....$9 with a total cl at the time of $75K got my 7 points back.....if only I would have known in my don't give a crap days Smiley Wink  These percentages and reporting cards really work, you gotta trust the knowledge relayed on this board.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.