Frequent Contributor
Blackrv7

CC's reporting vs score watch FICO score experiment

Just a little heads up after some experimenting the past couple of months.  It appears my myfico EQ is maxed out at 769 for right now.  I am currently at about 5% UTL. 

Last month I let three cards report, one with $75, one with $125 and another with $3500. 

My score was 759 with three cc's reporting.  A couple of days ago the $125 dropped off when I got a requested mid cycle reporting and my score went up to 766.  The $75 dropped off yesterday or so and my score went up another 3 points to the 769. 

So, a 10 point drop for having 3 cards report, 7 for the 3rd one, 3 points for the 2nd one.  I know from a previous experiment that I would have a 7 point drop from having 0 cards report a balance.

Now the final straws in the experiment, the $3500 I have on a 0 interest promo will show a $500 decrease after the statement cuts tomorrow, and it will be my only card reporting.  Although my UTL % will not change I'm interested to see if a reduction in a reported balance will do anything for the score.  My new 15K CSP TL will report in about 10 days, again, interested to see if there is a change as it won't effectively change my UTL, 5% to 4%, but will show a new TL.

End of experiement but it has been interesting to see the manipulated score changes.  BTW, two years ago this month I was 649TU with a mortgage and one secured cc.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
-NewGuy-

Re: CC's reporting vs score watch FICO score experiment

All very interesting. Good for you for experimenting, that's awesome!

Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

Interesting..I just lost another 10 points for 1 card more with a balance of 4,95$  yesterday...lol.. My experiment will go towards 1 card in May and curious if I can get the 802 back :smileysurprised:

FICO® EQ 795 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Seedling Garden Club member *
Frequent Contributor
Blackrv7

[ Edited ]

lg8302ch wrote:

Interesting..I just lost another 10 points for 1 card more with a balance of 4,95$  yesterday...lol.. My experiment will go towards 1 card in May and curious if I can get the 802 back :smileysurprised:

Yep it is interesting how little things affect your score even with over $100K of available credit.  A couple of months ago, you may recall, I had all cards report a zero balance and I lost 7 points, stopped and bought a six pack on the way home with a card that reported a couple days later and gained the 7 points back....$9 with a total cl at the time of $75K got my 7 points back.....if only I would have known in my don't give a crap days :smileywink:  These percentages and reporting cards really work, you gotta trust the knowledge relayed on this board.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}