cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's that are good for cash advance?

tag
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: CC's that are good for cash advance?

OP - you don't need your PIN for a c/a - just go to your bank (you can probably go to any bank, but I would recommend going to your "home" bank).  You can do the c/a at the teller's window.

I've done this back in the bad old days.  No judging here.  Use your account with the lowest fee and interest rate.  Sounds like Penfed would be the one.

Message 31 of 34
DI
Super Contributor

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go with the Discover system of cash over.  For me, the limit was $60 at a time.

A little anachronism that others might not know about; there is no grace period on cash advances (usually)

I took a cash advance, and paid it in around 48 hours.  Paid the balance before the statement cut, and ended up with a $1.20 interest charge on a card I REALLY wanted to report 0.  The interest was charged at the same time as the statement cut.

Message 33 of 34
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would go with the Discover system of cash over.  For me, the limit was $60 at a time.

A little anachronism that others might not know about; there is no grace period on cash advances (usually)

I took a cash advance, and paid it in around 48 hours.  Paid the balance before the statement cut, and ended up with a $1.20 interest charge on a card I REALLY wanted to report 0.  The interest was charged at the same time as the statement cut.

+1

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.