Regular Contributor
ma_fico

Re: CC's that are good for cash advance?

OP - you don't need your PIN for a c/a - just go to your bank (you can probably go to any bank, but I would recommend going to your "home" bank).  You can do the c/a at the teller's window.

I've done this back in the bad old days.  No judging here.  Use your account with the lowest fee and interest rate.  Sounds like Penfed would be the one.

Super Contributor
DI

Regular Contributor
anevilpetingzoo

I would go with the Discover system of cash over.  For me, the limit was $60 at a time.

A little anachronism that others might not know about; there is no grace period on cash advances (usually)

I took a cash advance, and paid it in around 48 hours.  Paid the balance before the statement cut, and ended up with a $1.20 interest charge on a card I REALLY wanted to report 0.  The interest was charged at the same time as the statement cut.

Super Contributor
DI

anevilpetingzoo wrote:

I would go with the Discover system of cash over.  For me, the limit was $60 at a time.

A little anachronism that others might not know about; there is no grace period on cash advances (usually)

I took a cash advance, and paid it in around 48 hours.  Paid the balance before the statement cut, and ended up with a $1.20 interest charge on a card I REALLY wanted to report 0.  The interest was charged at the same time as the statement cut.

+1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}