Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's that pull exclusively (or mostly) EQ

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

CC's that pull exclusively (or mostly) EQ

I'm wondering other than Penfed and NFCU...are there some others that pull only EQ?  I'm located in MN and am looking to apply once my score hits around 650-675-ish.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
DI
Super Contributor

Re: CC's that pull exclusively (or mostly) EQ

BARCLAYS

Chase

Citi

Discover

HSBC

Nordstrom

Sears

State Farm

Message 2 of 21
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Thanks for the list!  It looks like in the Credit Pulls Database Citi pulls exclusively EQ for MN.  Do you think it'd be reasonable to apply for one of their cards (Citi Forward?) in the high 600s, or better to just wait?  In about 10 months a couple major baddies will be dropping off my report entirely.

Message 3 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

Thanks for the list!  It looks like in the Credit Pulls Database Citi pulls exclusively EQ for MN.  Do you think it'd be reasonable to apply for one of their cards (Citi Forward?) in the high 600s, or better to just wait?  In about 10 months a couple major baddies will be dropping off my report entirely.

You should wait until your baddies drops  so that you can get approved with high limits and low rates. 

Message 4 of 21
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

BARCLAYS

Chase

Citi

Discover

HSBC

Nordstrom

Sears

State Farm

In my experience, Chase has pulled EX for inital application and another for a CLI.

Message 5 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@DI wrote:

BARCLAYS

Chase

Citi

Discover

HSBC

Nordstrom

Sears

State Farm

In my experience, Chase has pulled EX for inital application and another for a CLI.

I have my EX and TU reports frozen, so if they want to give me credit they have no choice but to pull EQ.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my EX and TU reports frozen, so if they want to give me credit they have no choice but to pull EQ.

Just remember that once you open an account with any creditor, they can (and will, and do) soft you anywhere they want. 

Those soft pulls can result in AA, such as CLD's and closed accounts.

Message 7 of 21
vish1
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@DI wrote:

BARCLAYS

Chase

Citi

Discover

HSBC

Nordstrom

Sears

State Farm

Frozen reports is a different game but normally Chae is not exclusive EQ. They pulled EX for me everytime.

Barclays? Isn't Barclays primarily TU? I can be wrong...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 8 of 21
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Well for me personally I let 2 cards go to collections - both under Chase (Chase & Providian -> Wamu -> Chase) so I think I may have burned bridges on that one.

I'm not too worried about softs on my other 2 reports, but my EQ seems to be ahead of the others in FICO score.  It is something I should keep in mind, though.

Message 9 of 21
wajj
Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@DI wrote:

BARCLAYS

Chase

Citi

Discover

HSBC

Nordstrom

Sears

State Farm

Frozen reports is a different game but normally Chae is not exclusive EQ. They pulled EX for me everytime.

Barclays? Isn't Barclays primarily TU? I can be wrong...

Barclay's pulled TU for me (twice on 2 different cards).  Citi pulled EX (refused to process my application while EX was frozen).  DIscover pulled TU for me -- both the original app and for a large CLI I requested. 

You can say that certain cards pull from certain CRAs but the fact of the matter is no one can ever say for certain what will be pulled when you apply.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.