Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's that pull exclusively (or mostly) EQ

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: CC's that pull exclusively (or mostly) EQ

If you wanna build some credit and available credit, you can try department store card. Nordstrom and Dillards pulled EQ.
Message 11 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have my EX and TU reports frozen, so if they want to give me credit they have no choice but to pull EQ.

Just remember that once you open an account with any creditor, they can (and will, and do) soft you anywhere they want. 

Those soft pulls can result in AA, such as CLD's and closed accounts.

I'm not hiding anything.  I just don't want any inquiries on my TU and EX reports.  My reports all have the same information reporting minus the inquiries. 

Message 12 of 21
nyqutie
New Contributor

As far as Chase they hard pulled my EQ (when I opened my checking, and savings) and applied for a credit card, (was denied for the credit card); but I've noticed soft pulls exclusively on TU over the life of my account thus far.

Starting Score: TU 450 EQ 491 (06 2010) Current Score: TU 746 EQ 747 EX 629 (Public Record "not" Mine can't get this darn thing OFF) (06 2013) Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 700
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than mortgages...I don't know of any creditor of mine that pulls EQ at all.

I have AMEX, Chase, HSBC, and Barclays right now and live in HI.

In fact, I would love to know the answer to the OP's question too as my EQ FICO is the highest becasue it does not reflect any recent inquiries at all!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's always pulls TU for me.

Alliant CU and Cabelas are noted for pulling EQ; as are most GEMB cards (Walmart, Dillard's, JCPenneys....).  BofA does for DH.

We live in Western U.S.

Message 15 of 21
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Awesome!  Looks like Newegg pulls only EQ.

Another card I was interested in was the Amazon store card/Visa - backed by Chase.  Does anyone know if Chase blacklists and would that apply to their store cards?

Message 16 of 21
android01
Valued Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

Thanks for the list!  It looks like in the Credit Pulls Database Citi pulls exclusively EQ for MN.  Do you think it'd be reasonable to apply for one of their cards (Citi Forward?) in the high 600s, or better to just wait?  In about 10 months a couple major baddies will be dropping off my report entirely.

I am in MN and Citi pulled EX.  They also softed my EX when they did an AR a few months back.  About the only bank that I know that seems to pull EQ exclusively in MN is UsBank.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw, you guys.  All these mentions of MN are making me homesick.  I love MN.  Beautiful!!!!

Message 18 of 21
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

I've had Barclay's pull from TU only.

Message 19 of 21
smc733
Valued Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

Awesome!  Looks like Newegg pulls only EQ.

Another card I was interested in was the Amazon store card/Visa - backed by Chase.  Does anyone know if Chase blacklists and would that apply to their store cards?

The Visa card is a regular credit card, and the blacklist will apply to that card.

The Store Card is backed by GEMB.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.