Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC suggestions for upper 700 score.

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CC suggestions for upper 700 score.

Check for GA

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s=8d3be9748e4b2faef268fb860ba08bac&app=creditpulls

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
cbmcbm
Established Member

Thanks for all the valuable info. I do apprecreciate it. I wont do anything yet w/ Chase and Amex until EX is clean this month. I opened a savings account w/ Penfed 4 yrs ago but never applied for a CC w/ them. Thinking also of requesting a CL increase through my CU. Have had their CC for 1 yr. I have my payroll direct deposit w/ them.

Message 12 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@cbmcbm wrote:

Thanks for all the valuable info. I do apprecreciate it. I wont do anything yet w/ Chase and Amex until EX is clean this month. I opened a savings account w/ Penfed 4 yrs ago but never applied for a CC w/ them. Thinking also of requesting a CL increase through my CU. Have had their CC for 1 yr. I have my payroll direct deposit w/ them.

I think that, once you get EX clean -- and Chase usually pulls EX, but have been doing some double pulls based on what some have said here -- you should be in a position to apply for pretty much anything you want.  If you go on a spree, you might want to think about the 2-4 cards you'd like to have, and apply for them. Ideally?  I'd recommed 3 cards, would round out your portfolio nicely.  Others have recommended some outstanding cards, just depends on what would suit your needs.  Chase and AMEX is usually a "can't go wrong" proposition !

Message 13 of 16
cbmcbm
Established Member

UPDATE    ON 4/8 I call my cred union and request a CLI on my CC from 1K to 6K. While I'm at it I mention that I will be also applying for an auto loan in the future. They start the app process and the next day I get a call saying they approved both requests. 6K is my highest ever limit. I will let that report then make my next move. By the way all through  the phone app process I am clear in my mind that they will pull EQ since they did the first time(last yr) when  I apped for a CC. Wrong. They pulled EX the same report I didn't want pulled. Once I found out I was mad at myself for not making sure before authorizing the LO to pull my credit. Guess it doesn't matter now since I accomplished my goals with the CU.

Message 14 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I would garden that card for at least 6 months before applying with Chase to minimize the chance of them giving you a low limit.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.