cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

Senior Contributor

CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

From a previous thread ...

Thinking I was denied for Ameriprise, I gave it a shot for a different Barclays card.  Upon recon, they approved the Ameriprise and I figured the other Barclays card would die a silent death.  Not so.  Two days ago the Barclays / Ameriprise reported on my TU.  Today the Barclays B&N also reported.

What is really funny is that the TU TL reports as opened 12/1/0001.  Because of a string of recent applications, my AAoA dropped from about 2 years to now 10 months.  However, today with the new B&N TL it jumped up to 9 years.

I would like to point this out to either Barclays or TU, but I worry that TU will screw things up even more.  I also worry that if I point it out to Barclays they will realize that they probably should not have approved the B&N after successfully reconing the Ameriprise.

On the other hand, how many other creditors will think I have had a Barclays card for two thousand and nine years?  Smiley Happy

Any ideas?

IAALBNYL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

O6 wrote:

Thinking I was denied for Ameriprise, I gave it a shot for a different Barclays card.  Upon recon, they approved the Ameriprise and I figured the other Barclays card would die a silent death.  Not so.  Two days ago the Barclays / Ameriprise reported on my TU.  Today the Barclays B&N also reported.

What is really funny is that the TU TL reports as opened 12/1/0001.  Because of a string of recent applications, my AAoA dropped from about 2 years to now 10 months.  However, today with the new B&N TL it jumped up to 9 years.

I would like to point this out to either Barclays or TU, but I worry that TU will screw things up even more.  I also worry that if I point it out to Barclays they will realize that they probably should not have approved the B&N after successfully reconing the Ameriprise.

On the other hand, how many other creditors will think I have had a Barclays card for two thousand and nine years?  Smiley Happy

Any ideas?

No worries.  It will be caught and corrected during an AR or account audit.  

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

O6 wrote:

Any ideas?

I have learned that the CRAs certainly can screw things up. If something isn't time sensitive (as in applying for new credit), I give it time to turn itself around. Often it does. If it doesn't, then I tackle it.

Message 3 of 3