Senior Contributor
O6

CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

From a previous thread ...

Thinking I was denied for Ameriprise, I gave it a shot for a different Barclays card.  Upon recon, they approved the Ameriprise and I figured the other Barclays card would die a silent death.  Not so.  Two days ago the Barclays / Ameriprise reported on my TU.  Today the Barclays B&N also reported.

What is really funny is that the TU TL reports as opened 12/1/0001.  Because of a string of recent applications, my AAoA dropped from about 2 years to now 10 months.  However, today with the new B&N TL it jumped up to 9 years.

I would like to point this out to either Barclays or TU, but I worry that TU will screw things up even more.  I also worry that if I point it out to Barclays they will realize that they probably should not have approved the B&N after successfully reconing the Ameriprise.

On the other hand, how many other creditors will think I have had a Barclays card for two thousand and nine years?  :smileyhappy:

Any ideas?

IAALBNYL
Super Contributor
DI

Re: CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

O6 wrote:

Thinking I was denied for Ameriprise, I gave it a shot for a different Barclays card.  Upon recon, they approved the Ameriprise and I figured the other Barclays card would die a silent death.  Not so.  Two days ago the Barclays / Ameriprise reported on my TU.  Today the Barclays B&N also reported.

What is really funny is that the TU TL reports as opened 12/1/0001.  Because of a string of recent applications, my AAoA dropped from about 2 years to now 10 months.  However, today with the new B&N TL it jumped up to 9 years.

I would like to point this out to either Barclays or TU, but I worry that TU will screw things up even more.  I also worry that if I point it out to Barclays they will realize that they probably should not have approved the B&N after successfully reconing the Ameriprise.

On the other hand, how many other creditors will think I have had a Barclays card for two thousand and nine years?  :smileyhappy:

Any ideas?

No worries.  It will be caught and corrected during an AR or account audit.  

Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

Re: CCC / CRA Error In My Favor

O6 wrote:

Any ideas?

I have learned that the CRAs certainly can screw things up. If something isn't time sensitive (as in applying for new credit), I give it time to turn itself around. Often it does. If it doesn't, then I tackle it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}