Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCC's can do whatever they like.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCC's can do whatever they like.

Some folks are worried about what they CCC's will do in response to the newly passed legislation in order to recoup predicted losses in revenue. 
I am not concerned what they will do either way. I am concerned for those who have CC debt they can't PIF.
I have heard that some of the suburban schools in my area have started teaching
"responsible credit" classes, they are mandatory like health class. 
I think that's what we may need to help people avoid the potential "trap" of credit cards through education at an early age.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCC's can do whatever they like.

I guess general money management should be taught at school. It's such an important life skill, but it seems schools never deemed it worth teaching. It's nice to hear that this changes. Even if it's only about credit, it's a good start.
Message 2 of 13
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

It's expected of the parents to teach their kids about credit and how to manage their money wisely.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
It's expected of the parents to teach their kids about credit and how to manage their money wisely.

I completely agree. Given the vast number of American's struggling with debt not limited to, but to include credit card balances; It would appear that in general terms--either parents aren't teaching these lessons or the teaching is ineffective.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

Sure, but this only works if the parents have these skills themselves. Children of parents who know how to deal with money have a big advantage in this field.

Message 5 of 13
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I think that's what we may need to help people avoid the potential "trap" of credit cards through education at an early age.

The govt. teaching our kids about money managment? Why don't we have Freddy Kruegur teach our kids about anger managment?

I believe we should start somewhere but it should be in the home. It is sad when we face a problem and then just say let the govt. teach our kids. This includes many areas not just finacials. It is not the govt's job to teach our kids, it never has been. We as parents are ultimatly responsible for the children we raise and the type of grown-ups that our children become. The ultimate foundation that we lay in our childrens lives will stick with them forever and hopefully become a beacon for the decisions that they make in the future.

We as parents are not perfect, but it is our responsibility to do the best we can, not the govt's.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizbuster wrote:

The govt. teaching our kids about money managment? Why don't we have Freddy Kruegur teach our kids about anger managment?

I believe we should start somewhere but it should be in the home. It is sad when we face a problem and then just say let the govt. teach our kids. This includes many areas not just finacials. It is not the govt's job to teach our kids, it never has been. We as parents are ultimatly responsible for the children we raise and the type of grown-ups that our children become. The ultimate foundation that we lay in our childrens lives will stick with them forever and hopefully become a beacon for the decisions that they make in the future.

We as parents are not perfect, but it is our responsibility to do the best we can, not the govt's.

As I have said:
I completely agree. Given the vast number of American's struggling with debt not limited to, but to include credit card balances; It would appear that in general terms--either parents aren't teaching these lessons or the teaching is ineffective.
 If parents could teach all that children need to know, we wouldn't need schools.
I agree with you, public schools should be closed to prevent the government from teaching flawed lessons.
I am sagacious enough to realize that I would not be the best person to teach most subjects to my children. I am grateful that there are educating professionals avaiable to teach my kids the academic tools to allow them to be successful as adults.
I won't have the government teaching my children as they will be in private schools. 

Message Edited by commonsense on 05-21-2009 02:50 PM
Message Edited by commonsense on 05-21-2009 02:50 PM
Message Edited by commonsense on 05-21-2009 02:51 PM
Message 7 of 13
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

You are right, there are many individuals who are qualified and capable of teaching our children in areas that we as parents can't. I don't mean to over-generalize on this subject.

My main point is about the foundation of learning that we as parents must provide first. Smiley Happy

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizbuster wrote:

You are right, there are many individuals who are qualified and capable of teaching our children in areas that we as parents can't. I don't mean to over-generalize on this subject.

My main point is about the foundation of learning that we as parents must provide first. Smiley Happy

Agreed. :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

It all comes down to one thing when you get a cc, common sense.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.