Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCCU - Christian Community Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCU - Christian Community Credit Union

I had a Ch7 BK filed in 08/09 and discharged 11/09.  I applied for a visa card with CCCU but have not heard anything.  I have read posts on here about CCCU back in 2007 and 2008, but nothing in 2011 or even 2010.  Does anyone have any recent info about them?  Or anyone apply for and receive a visa card with them?

Credit scores 2/27/2011 - Transunion Vantage: TU & EX both 731 C, EQ 719 C

EX Auto Fico 2: 719

Creditkarma TransRisk from Transunion: 689

EQ from Myfico: 640

As you can see, several scores but not sure the meaning or value because of the variation of +/- 100 points roughly.

Current Credit 2/27/2011: Dell ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $1,500 2005

Kohl's ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $300 2006

Household Bank MC - 11/09 $1,000

Car loan Toyota Financial - $18K 11/2010

Capital One MC (did have account included in BK with a $5k limit) - $1,000 2/11

Valero gas card - $300 2/11

Pac Sun store card - $250 2/11

Kay & Jared store cards - $3K 2/11 

I am just curious if I have a chance at their visa card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCCU - Christian Community Credit Union

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Ch7 BK filed in 08/09 and discharged 11/09.  I applied for a visa card with CCCU but have not heard anything.  I have read posts on here about CCCU back in 2007 and 2008, but nothing in 2011 or even 2010.  Does anyone have any recent info about them?  Or anyone apply for and receive a visa card with them?

Credit scores 2/27/2011 - Transunion Vantage: TU & EX both 731 C, EQ 719 C.  These are FAKO scores - ignore them.

EX Auto Fico 2: 719

Creditkarma TransRisk from Transunion: 689.  This is a FAKO score - ignore it.

EQ from Myfico: 640  This is your EQ FICO - Your FICO score is the one to pay attention to - it's the one lenders see.

As you can see, several scores but not sure the meaning or value because of the variation of +/- 100 points roughly.  There is no value in a FAKO score - keep your eyes firmly focused on your FICO score and you'll do well.  You may want to read fused's Son of Credit Scoring 101

Current Credit 2/27/2011: Dell ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $1,500 2005

Kohl's ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $300 2006

Household Bank MC - 11/09 $1,000

Car loan Toyota Financial - $18K 11/2010

Capital One MC (did have account included in BK with a $5k limit) - $1,000 2/11

Valero gas card - $300 2/11

Pac Sun store card - $250 2/11

Kay & Jared store cards - $3K 2/11 

I am just curious if I have a chance at their visa card.  I'm hoping others will chime in on this - I wish you well.  If you do get this card, it will be your fourth this month?  Time to set back and relax - and put some age on those cards.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

I applied for thier visa several weeks ago, and have not heard back yet, no one has called me i havent recieved any letters.. They pulled my equifax report a week after i applied and then they dissappeared.  When you call them their reps calim they cant help and you have to wait for another department to contact you (they cant transfer you either).

I suggest you deal with another credit union, unless you dont mind waiting.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

sounds like a denial

amazon
Message 4 of 9
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

yeah i assumed so, but i havent recieved a denial letter yet and its been 3 weeks.. hopefully i find out this week

Message 5 of 9
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Lol, right after making this post i decided to call them up one more time, and this time they had some info for me.. I was declined and would recieve a letter stating why...

Atleast i know now..

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ask them why you were denied?  Or did they give you any indications why?

Message 7 of 9
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

they said they didnt have any details right now, and i would have to wait untill i recieved the letter to find out.  It might have been because i have something on chexsystems and i found out they check chexsystems before granting you membership.

I had the same problem with another CU i was approved for their card, but couldnt recieve it because my membership was canceled due something on chexsystems (Paid several years ago btw) .  I wish they would have checked that first and let me know, instead of pulling my credit and wasting an inquiry first.

Message 8 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

they said they didnt have any details right now, and i would have to wait untill i recieved the letter to find out.  It might have been because i have something on chexsystems and i found out they check chexsystems before granting you membership.

I had the same problem with another CU i was approved for their card, but couldnt recieve it because my membership was canceled due something on chexsystems (Paid several years ago btw) .  I wish they would have checked that first and let me know, instead of pulling my credit and wasting an inquiry first.

You are correct, they do check chexsystem.  They told me that when I joined.   While I have an open cc account with them,  I do not deal with them anymore.  The card has been retired permanently. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.