Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCCs That Blacklist

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

Maybe that's the reason I never did business with MBNA before during credit debacle 1 or 2. If I had BofA would definitely be off my dance card now. As it is we are great friends. Lucky me...
Message 11 of 18
okiesean
New Contributor

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@okiesean wrote:

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me Smiley Happy

Only the deserving defaulter gets blacklisted, okiesean. Innocent bystanders get left alone.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@okiesean wrote:

Only the deserving defaulter gets blacklisted, okiesean. Innocent bystanders get left alone.

Question:

Does BOA blacklist everybody (like AmEx) or do a good percentage slip through?

If BOA blacklists, does that mean they wouldn't even offer a secured card?  Would that secured card ever graduate?

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@okiesean wrote:

Are there any undeserving defaulters?

Message 15 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My personal feeling would be no. If you stiff an issuer over a debt they could hardly be blamed for not allowing you the opportunity to do it again.

I do think, however, that the fairer ones allow you to earn your way off the blacklist by making good on your past obligation. That would include Macy's and Amex. It's good business for them - getting some of that dead money back. The only one I am still on the "S" list with is Amex, and if I ever want one of their cards again (which I just might since it would age back to 1978) I have a pretty good idea of what I have to do.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal feeling would be no. If you stiff an issuer over a debt they could hardly be blamed for not allowing you the opportunity to do it again.

I do think, however, that the fairer ones allow you to earn your way off the blacklist by making good on your past obligation. That would include Macy's and Amex. It's good business for them - getting some of that dead money back. The only one I am still on the "S" list with is Amex, and if I ever want one of their cards again (which I just might since it would age back to 1978) I have a pretty good idea of what I have to do.

I agree. 

One thing I admire AmEx for is that they are very clear in their policy.  Others may not be.

1978?  Age??  You want age???  Get a Barclay's credit card.  They just reported mine as having been opened in the year 0001.  I guess my AAoA now is something like two thousand years.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by O6 on 01-12-2010 10:33 PM
Message 17 of 18
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if victoria secret black list. The company they under is wffnb. Theres a charge off from 05 from them.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.