Reply
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

Maybe that's the reason I never did business with MBNA before during credit debacle 1 or 2. If I had BofA would definitely be off my dance card now. As it is we are great friends. Lucky me...
New Contributor
okiesean
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎12-18-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist


okiesean wrote:

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me :smileyhappy:


Only the deserving defaulter gets blacklisted, okiesean. Innocent bystanders get left alone.

Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

okiesean wrote:

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me :smileyhappy:


Only the deserving defaulter gets blacklisted, okiesean. Innocent bystanders get left alone.


 

Question:

 

Does BOA blacklist everybody (like AmEx) or do a good percentage slip through?

 

If BOA blacklists, does that mean they wouldn't even offer a secured card?  Would that secured card ever graduate?

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

okiesean wrote:

I loved my MBNA card. It was my highest limit card thru college. Others were 3500 to 5000. MBNA gave me 7500 right off the bat.

First USA was pretty decent but hard to compete with that MBNA card and they had decent APR's too. You could look on their website and see all their affinity cards. Some had rock bottom APR's and you could call up and change to that card usually with no questions asked. I did it twice to get a lower apr. The day BofA took over I closed it though. I have heard too many stories from ex-employees and online forums to ever trust them with my business and give them the chance to blacklist me :smileyhappy:


Only the deserving defaulter gets blacklisted, okiesean. Innocent bystanders get left alone.


Are there any undeserving defaulters?

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

My personal feeling would be no. If you stiff an issuer over a debt they could hardly be blamed for not allowing you the opportunity to do it again.

 

I do think, however, that the fairer ones allow you to earn your way off the blacklist by making good on your past obligation. That would include Macy's and Amex. It's good business for them - getting some of that dead money back. The only one I am still on the "S" list with is Amex, and if I ever want one of their cards again (which I just might since it would age back to 1978) I have a pretty good idea of what I have to do.

Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

[ Edited ]

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

My personal feeling would be no. If you stiff an issuer over a debt they could hardly be blamed for not allowing you the opportunity to do it again.

 

I do think, however, that the fairer ones allow you to earn your way off the blacklist by making good on your past obligation. That would include Macy's and Amex. It's good business for them - getting some of that dead money back. The only one I am still on the "S" list with is Amex, and if I ever want one of their cards again (which I just might since it would age back to 1978) I have a pretty good idea of what I have to do.


 

I agree. 

 

One thing I admire AmEx for is that they are very clear in their policy.  Others may not be.

 

1978?  Age??  You want age???  Get a Barclay's credit card.  They just reported mine as having been opened in the year 0001.  I guess my AAoA now is something like two thousand years.  :smileyhappy:

 

Message Edited by O6 on 01-12-2010 10:33 PM
IAALBNYL
Frequent Contributor
elaine829
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎10-09-2007
0

Re: CCCs That Blacklist

Does anyone know if victoria secret black list. The company they under is wffnb. Theres a charge off from 05 from them.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}