cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDP vs Simplicity or TYP....or Dividend?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

CDP vs Simplicity or TYP....or Dividend?

So I am pretty much ready to go on my app spree. I am just waiting for 6 inqs to turn one year old the first week of Feb. I pulled my ex fico and it was sitting at 738, so I went over to citi's site to see if they prequalied me for anything besides the CDP that they mailed me. I think that they offered me everything that they had. So as I was looking at the different cards, I started wondering why I would want the CDP when the seemingly best offer was for the simplicity. Any thoughts?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: CDP vs Simplicity or TYP

The simplicity has the longest 0% promo, but no rewards.

The CDP has no rewards, and it comes with 18 months 0% promo, and is slightly easier to be approved for compared to the other 2 you mentioned.

The TYP has a NPSL feature, which means if they can't approve you for it, then you will be stuck with the regular TY. I think you should be fine though. The TYP has a 12-15 month 0% promo, which is the shortest out of the 3, but it has a rewards structure.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

It looks like I can get 18 mos on the simplicity and 12 on the others--including dividend platinum select.... This is from their pre qualified offer finder. Perhaps the dividend is the best one to get. I have one paid collection from 09 that is stuck on there from online collections, who don't delete anything. My util is <9% and I have 9 inqs on ex. on feb 8th, I'll have 4 in the last 12 months.  

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The simplicity has the longest 0% promo, but no rewards.

The CDP has no rewards, and it comes with 18 months 0% promo, and is slightly easier to be approved for compared to the other 2 you mentioned.

The TYP has a NPSL feature, which means if they can't approve you for it, then you will be stuck with the regular TY. I think you should be fine though. The TYP has a 12-15 month 0% promo, which is the shortest out of the 3, but it has a rewards structure.

Does the TY still exist?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.