Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDV to get rid of inquires?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CDV to get rid of inquires?

Hello all,

Pardon if this has already been discussed.  I just spoke with a PENFED CSR.  I was complaining about having to do

another hard pull (I did not do it) and she said "oh that is not a big deal, just do a CDV and they will delete them."

She made it sound like it was a sure thing and not a big deal at all.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CDV to get rid of inquires?

what is a cdv?
Message 2 of 7
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

CDV = Consumer Dispute Verification. Its bally bull.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmmm

I disputed an inquiry with Equifax and received this:  "Inquiries are a factual record of file access.  If you believe this was unauthorized, please contact the creditor."

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Pardon if this has already been discussed.  I just spoke with a PENFED CSR.  I was complaining about having to do

another hard pull (I did not do it) and she said "oh that is not a big deal, just do a CDV and they will delete them."

She made it sound like it was a sure thing and not a big deal at all.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Most of the time you will have a hard time -- especially with EQ -- trying to dispute an INQ online.  You can do it in writing, but 1) they may delete it and put a fraud alert on your credit report and 2) it is not good to dispute data which you know to be valid and accurate.
Message 5 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks!

CSR's need to stop giving credit advice. No one should be counseling you to dispute valid CBR information. It is a big deal and could lead to problems you'd rather not have, such as being labeled a frivolous disputer or having an FA placed on your credit file. It is almost impossible to carry off disputing an INQ from an organization you already have an account with.

Message 6 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Some CSR's are off the chain.  They know how to get customers off the phone.  But that CSR certainly shouldn't have given that type of advice. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.